I have an accessory addiction - Which do you think looks better?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2011laserblue, Mar 10, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member 100 Posts

Hey guys - I have a horrible accessory addiction, but I love every minute of it. :glasses:
    It will be a while before I make this happen (if I do at all), but wanted some opinions about these hoods.
    I've always sort of wanted to get a cool hood, and I think I found potentially what could end up on my truck. Which do you like better?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like the top one. I was going to get that exact hood. I havent ordered it because I know it will sit around and I will never get a chance to get it in the paint booth!
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You have to Ask???? 175resize.jpg 091.jpg :party:
  4. 2011laserblue

I'm just so torn I really like them both. Enkei how have you not been in the ROTM race....? Did you make your ram air functional?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The ram air hood looks better on the NNBS trucks, IMHO.

A piece of advice: Avoid fiberglass; get a steel hood.
  6. 2011laserblue

Surreal, do you know of any manufacturers that make steel hoods?
    I've looked at RKS and cervini and both were fiberglass. I was wondering about the fiberglass actually and was hoping someone would comment about it.

Enkei do you have any issues with yours? It looks awesome, love your ride. Yours too Surreal, but I think I've told you once or twice :glasses:
  7. Enkeiavalanche

The hood from Cervini's is open in the front to cool off the motor.. As in the 2 Co's that build Fiberglass hoods for the GM trucks Goodhood and Cervini's , Cervini's is much better of a fit and better built. As for Steel For the newer body style Goodmark and reflection are 2 Co's that make them but the Ram Air's are NOT open...

- - - Updated - - -

The steel hoods are going to disappear It costs Thousands to tool for a steel hood and the return on making them is getting too high The fiberglass can be tooled much cheaper so that is what you are going to see more of..

As for my hood No problems in 4 1/2 years..
  8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

Mine is fiberglass... have had it on for a year. Only issue was that one corner was slightly damaged from shipping... I had no problems repairing. I do not see any issues with the first fiberglass... they are lighter and weight for weight stronger than steel. You just want to be sure you prep them correctly before painting is all.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

I have.. And been asked to do it again BUT I got more Mods coming [​IMG] so it will have to wait.. Thanks...
  10. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

I like the top one more only because I tend to see the bottom one on older model trucks. I think my dad had a hood like the bottom one on his 1988 S10. The top one, IMHO, gives the truck a little more attitude.