1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have an accessory addiction - Which do you think looks better?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2011laserblue, Mar 10, 2013.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Theres nothing wrong with fiberglass. I am not sure how the Cervani hoods come, but if they are not primed you will need to use a polyester(high build) primer to fill in the little voids. If they already come ready to paint you or whoever paints it, may have to sand a little.

Most of your custom parts are going to be fiberglass. Norms Fiberglass is a prime example. http://www.normsfiberglass.com/

I get people who have Norm send me the parts directly to dip.
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

maybe some day ill do a ram air hood like enkeis, or the top one on the previous page, i really like that look.

Alex
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mine is functional ram air, with the green air box I added. I also put the Volant scoop on the truck as well, It pulls air from under the truck and draws it up into the box. Only problem I had was water gets trapped in the hood, and when you open the hood it pours out onto the passenger side fender. I have since drilled more drain holes in the underside of the hood to prevent this, it is fiberglass and have had no problems with it cracking on my HD.

100_2691.jpg 100_2692.jpg 100_2683.jpg
  4. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks for the info guys! I think it would be really cool to make something like this functional, if I'm gonna drop 600 on something it would be nice to actually do something other than look nice. I think you all have shifted my opinion to liking the top more - so if I make this happen in the future (which eventually I'm about 80% sure that I will) I will be sure to post pictures :glasses:
  5. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I second this...