1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

i have made my suspension choice...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by AJ's Sierra, Apr 29, 2009.

1. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra New Member

ok im pretty sure that im going with a 5" rough country suspension. im going to get it installed for about $300-400. correct me if i am wrong but this is a good product? i am not really using my truck for off roading so thats why i thought this would be a good fit for me. should i add on the kicker braces? let me know what u think and get your opinion about the product. thanks

http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension/2wd-chevy/1500_5.html
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Rough Country is supposed to have decent quality, though I have heard some negative comments about their shocks. Not sure if that's still an issue or not.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i have made my suspension choice

Is your truck 2 or 4wd?
  4. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra New Member

2wd.......
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i have made my suspension choice

I never installed a rough country 2wd kit, we used Fabtech 2wd kits so I cant say anything about there 2wd kits. I can say we felt the rough country 4wd kits left alot to desire. just our opinion.
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well I see that it's a spindle lift in the front, that enables you to use the stock shocks over if you want, But it saves you from having to get different shocks if you don't have the extra money, so basically you won't have to get the extended reach shocks for the front since your keeping the stock location. My friend did a 5" CST lift on his Colorado and it was a spindle lift in the front, and he reused his stock shocks and it rides just fine. You can't beat a 5" lift for that kind of money, if it's what everybody says it is. :sign0021:
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have heard good about the new RC stuff. i would run it and you can't beat the price