1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have no idea what to do now???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Jun 12, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I cant get rid of this damn P0300 code, I have cheanged the plugs and wires, before I was getting a code for the number four cylinder but now nothing for any particular cylinder, I dont have tons of money to just take it to the shop and say have at it but I am getting to that point, my MPG has not dropped nor is there ANY hesitation to the truck at all, please guys give me a hand:neutral:
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The most likely cause for your random miss fire is a fuel problem. Have you tried cleaning your injectors?
  3. vncj96

I ran seafoam through the gas tank last summer and this spring, and since I have a 44 gallon tank I left 15 gallons in each time and ran a full bottle through, then I changed the plugs and wires. I have yet to run it through the brake booster line but am hesitant for some reason, I have heard of people hyrdolocking the motor doing this
  4. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

might be a good idea to change your fuel filter if your equipped with one externally and sea foam through the booster if done slowly will work just dont dump a whole can in there at once which would cause the hydolocking that you have herd about
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

give me the specs on your truck and ill run the code

year model make engine
  6. Jimmiee

The best way to clean the injectors is to run a can of injector cleaner into the fuel rail. It requires a special tool that runs the cleaner into the rail through the test port. I have seen this procedure work many times where pouring chemicals into the tank didn't work.
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you're going to run it through the brake booster vacuum then you will need a vacuum bottle and a mister on the end of it.
  8. Jimmiee

Wouldn't this method bypass the injectors?
  9. vncj96

Thats why i havent done that, is that doesnt do anything to the injectors? someon at work said something about maybe the EGR:neutral:. This is one of the few aspects of vehicles I am not really familiar with, to many damn components to help the environment.
  10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

best way to clean the injectors is to use a cleaner through the fuel rail, when we do it start the truck start the chemical and pull the fuel pump relay so the truck is running off the cleaner, its the best way to solve a injector related problem.
    this will require you to bring it to a shop i think we charge around 100 bucks for a full upper intake cleaning service