1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have some useful info for you guys.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TRPLXL2, Feb 5, 2009.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I want to post this for all of the Silverado/Sierras out there, I am submitting unlimited technical how-to for your 2004-2007 old body style truck. (This does not apply to the New body style silverado, sorry) I am sure that you guys already have the Haynes manuals, and various other Auto Zone books. If you need answers beyond that, just ask me by PM or on this thread. I have a COMPLETE set of repair manuals for our trucks, these are the exact one's that the dealer uses. I know this because my friend is an authorized mechanic at Jack Matia chevrolet in Elyria Ohio, he ordered this complete set for me as a birthday present.

There are ruffly 3,000 pages of everything for these trucks, here are some of the major things:

General Information (Which is probably what is in the Hayne's Manual)

HVAC ( Heating, air conditioning, and ventilation)

Steering (Quadrasteer, rack and pinion, power steering)

Suspension (Front/Rear suspension, tires & wheels, selectable ride)

Driveline/Axle (Transfer Cases, Front/Rear drive axles)

Brakes (Disc, Drum, parking Brake, ABS)

Engine (4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.6L LLY, 8.1, sorry no Flex Fuel!)

Transmissions ( ZF S6-650 Manual, 4L60-E, 4L80-E Automatic, Allison Transmissions)

Body ( Basically anything that can be removed, complete tear apart and rebuild. BODY SHOP MANUAL)

Vehicle Control Systems ( DTC full listing, Programming and setup of PTM, and ECU)

Accesories (Cruise, Entertainment, Keyless entry, PTO, Theft deterrent devices)

I would love to be able to put these awesome books to use for fellow truck enthusiasts, keep in mind these are the books that the dealer doesn't want you to see. LOL, Feel free to contact me through this site. Hope this helps you guys, thanks for your time........AMY:great:
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Very good of you to share and congrat's on such a great birthday present!!
  3. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for sharing Amy!! I have a feeling that you will be getting lots of questions!
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Way to step up Amy!
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

FYI - image is not showing up for me.
  6. TRPLXL2

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  7. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

OOOooooohhh.... so nice and shiny and all... :)
  8. TRPLXL2

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  9. hunky

hunky New Member

Amy, Don't go to alot of trouble but when you have time can you pleeeze check to see if the book(s) say anything about adding fog lights to a 2007 silverado classic. I'm getting nothing with GM. If its in the book I'll buy my own! Thanks
  10. iamtheparagon

iamtheparagon New Member

You're a re true charm, thanks for stepping up.