1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have something comming up.

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by Curky, Jan 30, 2014.

1. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

Good luck to all..great work, Tim on this give away....sorry I don't have face book,
    And wouldn't wantanyone to have to pay duty to get the pads up north to Canada.
    Brian from Canada
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

pretty sure rthat as long it is labeled as a gift, you do not pay duty
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

I would like to get 6 more likes on them by tomorrow. Sorry I can't say who is right or wrong or even if anyone won yet but you will find out tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

We have our winner. It is [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] ! Congratulations!!!!:party: Thank you EVERONE for playing.
    Done!

Rule 2 of 2 = answer all questions correctly.

1.What date did Power Stop Join Face Book? June 13, 2010
    2.They like two of our (GMTC)sponsors on their Facebook, Who? AutoAnything, Auto Parts Warehouse
    3.What was their booth# at SEMA 2012? 22435
    4.Where is Power Stop two distribution centers? Chicago and California
    5.What is, The science behind the Power Stop solution? (Hint there are 6)
    The science behind the Power Stop solution:

High carbon rotors improve temperature stability and heat transfer - Power Stop uses the finest blanks featuring G3000 grade castings from the best foundries in the world. Most foundries lower carbon to increase tensile strength and hardness. Power Stop rotors have a carbon content that is 3% more than competitive brands while maintaining 210 Brinell hardness and 250 MPa tensile strength. The microstructure is an ideal homogenous matrix of perlitic and graphite flakes.
    Castings are made from primary scrap and charcoal pig-iron without residual contamination from secondary scrap metals - Some foundries dump scrap in the material with residual elements such as Niobium, Vanadium, Molybdenum, Titanium and Tungsten. These residual materials cause the formation of uncontrolled carbides in the microstructure that weaken the casting.
    Precise machining - the rotors are carefully machined to prevent stress risers, and they are guaranteed not to crack for 3 years when combined with the Power Stop brake pads. All products conform to OE dimensions for a perfect fit every time.
    Fade resistant friction - the Power Stop brake pads are specifically engineered to hold a high coefficient of friction above 1000 degrees. Where other pads show brake fade, Power Stop consistently delivers superior brake power. The company provides independent test results to compare brake performance with other leading brands. Power Stop pads feature up to 35% more pad bite and longer pad life.
    Posi-mold brake pads - Power Stop brake pads use positive mold technology. Posi-mold pads enable consistent density as the material is hot pressed at over 6,000 psi. The result is consistent performance and low noise. All pads are asbestos free.
    Zinc-dichromate plating - Power Stop's plating resists rust and keeps the rotors looking new behind those alloy wheels. Some competitors use cadmium plating that is highly toxic, and a significant cancer risk. Cadmium is banned in Europe and with all major vehicle manufacturers.
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Congrats Pikey!!! Great giveaway [MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION] !! Awesome info and learning lesson on Power Stop. I wish I had more time to look things up but 4 14 hour days in a row kicked my butt...

P.S. I might be having a small giveaway coming up but Im still working on making it possible.. Hint.. Its something ive posted about here in the past..
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION].

Great contest @Curkey
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Sweet! Thanks Tim and PowerStop. I really did not expect to win. I figured that I would just throw my answers out to help get someone to the 5th response. I am excited to install these. I might have to pickup some new rotors from powerstop now. :great:I just looked and the front rotors cost about the same as a quality replacement set at the parts store.
  7. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

I do have the drilled and slotted rotors from them. I can stop on a quarter. Lol I don't think any truck can stop on a dime...
  8. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Congrats [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION]!!!
  9. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

awesome give away here, thank you and congrats to the winner on a great set of pads, I didnt enter as I to do not find time for the many social media's today, nor much desire to get caught up in that, used to do it, used to loose a lot of real time doing it, I weaned myself and was it ever hard, that stuff can be addicting, lol. Thanks for the give away POWER STOP, I certainly look to sponsors before other places to shop.
  10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Dang it... that sponsor question got me. Congrats picket!

Thanks for the chamce Curky!