1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I hit the 300,000 km milestone

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Oct 16, 2010.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Almost two weeks ago now - just got around to posting about it. I hit 300,000 km (186,411 mi) on the good old 2001 Silverado. I have to say, its been super reliable - never left anyone stranded, and any work it has needed has been the type of work that could be done when we had the time.

[​IMG]

I was thinking of selling it, but it has a lot of sentimental value as my first vehicle, and doesn't hold the same sale value that I would need to get from it anyway. It's been an amazingly reliable truck so far, so I think I will probably end up holding onto it for a while and picking up a second vehicle.

Long Live My Silverado! (or Colonel Sam as my friends call it:neutral:)
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Take care of it, it will last another 100K easy. We have 195,000 miles on the daily driver. 96 Tahoe with 350. Runs great.
  3. rgaff

rgaff Member

How does it go, If I knew then what I know now. Your first vehicle ? my first 3 (1965 SS Impala convertible) (1965 Corvette) Both 327's. 3rd ( 1970 SS 396) I know you cant keep them all. I would bet at lest one of these are still on the road. Chevy's forever.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That is really cool,congratulations Colonel Sam!I hope with the regular maintenance that i do on my truck my Silverado will last that long.
  5. pmf608

My truck really wasn't maintained before I got it - stepdad worked it hard and his idea of maintenance is oil changes only, so I'm actually a bit surprised with how reliable it has been. If you take good care of it, you should be able to get just as much or more trouble free use out of it.
  6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congrats
    I have 215,000 miles on my 1998 Suburban.I bought it 3.5 years ago with 195,000 miles on it($2950). The PO obviously maintained it pretty well.
    Yeah, that is the problem with high mile vehicles- you know it is reliable, so it is worth X dollars to you. A buyer just sees a high mile vehicle, so it isn't worth much. If I knew the vehicle was going to be this reliable, I would have been willing to pay more, but you just don't know that.
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Don't give GM any ideas. :)
  8. pmf608

That is true. Add that to the fact that I have over $5,000 in receipts between brakes, suspension work, and other things that have worn out and have been replaced within the last year and a half, and that it has a $1,000 sound system, the 20" wheels/tires and everything else with it. I only want to get $5,000 back out of it, which I don't think is too much to ask - any less and I'm practically giving the truck away.

Oh well, their loss, my reliable truck.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010