I know its a fleet car in the US ~ Video Reviews for Chevy Captiva Sport

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by StarQ1, Feb 19, 2014.

Newest Photos

1. StarQ1

StarQ1 New Member

I really don't understand why there are no great video reviews for the US chevy captiva..Just because you can't buy it new; doesn't mean no one would buy it used..
  2. b-radical

b-radical New Member 100 Posts

could be because:

1. nobody who makes great video reviews has access to one
    2. nobody who makes great reviews thinks that they will get enough views on their review to make it worth the effort
    3. nobody who does great reviews wants to do a review on it
    4. There are way more cooler vehicles to do a review on
  3. StarQ1

StarQ1 New Member

the captiva is cool IMO LOL,but I do see where your coming from...
  4. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

I was wanting to do a review on the Captiva, but that would require me to wash it, and clean the interior. Which I don't feel like doing. And on top of all that, Cell phone videos suck.
  5. zuki82

zuki82 New Member 100 Posts

whats a captiva????
  6. Camaro69car

see my sig.

its a fleet vehicle SUV smaller than the equinox.

Mine has the 264 horsepower v6 that likes to dust civics.
  7. StarQ1

StarQ1 New Member

I think you should, there isn't any great all around reviews of the car and it would help people like my self who thinking about buying it used...I found some walk around reviews, but no real test drive / real life MPG review out there and no one talks about how it is driving in the snow.....
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This might give people the best understanding of what it is. The vehicle is based on GM's Theta platform, which was used to build a lot of vehicles over the past decade. The platform really was designed to fit the mid-sized crossover/suv space in the market when vehicles like the TrailBlazer (GMT360 platform) and Uplander (GMT201 platform) went away in favor of vehicles like the Equinox (also built on the Theta platform) or the Travese (Lambda platform).

However, just because it's based on the same platform (which has changed over the years), doesn't mean it's the same vehicle. GM designed this to hold the Captiva Sport nameplate and offer it only up on the fleet market as they must have seen a trend and they went for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Theta_platform

Chevrolet Captiva
    Chevrolet Captiva Sport
    Chevrolet Equinox
    Daewoo Winstorm
    Pontiac Torrent
    Saturn Vue
    Suzuki XL7
    GMC Terrain
    Saab 9-4X
    Opel Antara
  9. b-radical

b-radical New Member 100 Posts

I'm coming from, trying to respond to your statement land/ trying to help you understand land.

The 4 points I wrote are my opinions. I believe these are the reasons why no great video review on the captiva exist.

I could be wrong. No harm or insult intended. Hope none is taken.
  10. Camaro69car

Well if y'all can deal with the messy vehicle and the dirt on the outside, I'll try to post one. It might make one. It might be at night as well.

Will post a link up whenever I get done.

EDIT:

I'll be sure to Plug GMTC in the video as well