1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I know this is a day late...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by SRALinQ, Sep 12, 2009.

1. SRALinQ

SRALinQ New Member

I know this would have been better said yesterday but time and work didnt permit. I wanted to post this to honor all of those who put our country before their personal affairs and to all those who have gave their lives for the freedoms that we enjoy everyday. It has been eight years since the towers fell and unfortunately we are still battling the evil that dealt us such a blow on 9-11-01.
    That day is one of the main reason I chose to serve and will most likely serve for the next 20 years of my life. I pray for those who serve and for their families. I also pray for the ones who support us and have faith in what we do. And for those who dont... well I still pray for you, and I'm proud to fight for you to have the right to freedom of speech. :sign0021:
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member 100 Posts

thats a great post! its sad that many who practice freedom of speech as a right so often forget who it is that give them that right! what patch is that on your avatar?
  3. SRALinQ

SRALinQ New Member

That is the USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command) patch. It is the command that all Spec Ops personnel serve under.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow that was a beautiful post, I couldn't have said it better myself. My father was drafted during Vietnam, and it was always his wish for me to serve in the military. I was unable to because of a medical condition, but I was going to join the Navy because of the traveling and several other reasons. I envy you especially in the USAF, my dad used to say that you guys ate like kings versus what they ate in the Army. Hopefully you can make a career out of it, I know my dad regretted leaving after 5 years he wished he would have stayed in.
  5. SRALinQ

SRALinQ New Member

LoL thanks for that bro. We do eat well, but I think every branch has their perks. And I appreciate your dad serving. Him and the men before his time made it possible to have what we enjoy today. No matter if he did 5 or 20 years your dad is still a vet and he did his country a great service.