1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I know what it isn't

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by D town, Mar 6, 2014.

1. D town

D town New Member

Still having acceleration problems and rough start. Idle is a little rough. New fuel phinp, filter, clean K & N, new electric components. I think I will change all the oxygen sensors, Anyone have O2 sensor problems? I also still have gurgle sound behind dash when i accelerate. Seperate issue prob.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You might have old/worn out/lazy O2 sensors, but if the problem is there when the engine is started cold (after sitting all night) it isn't the O2 sensors.

When the engine is cold, the O2 sensors are not used, The sensors need to be hot and the exhaust gases need to be hot before the O2 sensors work properly.

And if the sensors were bad when the engine gets up to operating temps, the PCM would throw codes and light the Check Engine Light.

Does "new electric components" mean spark related things.

Vehicle info would help me here.
  3. D town

D town New Member

97 jimmy. New spark plugs, wires, ignition coil, dist. rotor and cap. New battery. Original sensors, 220000 MI
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If that was my old Envoy, I would say the throttle body was dirty. If you had a carburetor, I would say the carb was dirty. I don't know about the throttle body on your truck, it has fuel injection as part of the throttle body, maybe the injector is dirty or worn.
  5. D town

D town New Member

Just cleaned my throttle body. My next idea was also the injectors. I do use Lucas injector cleaner every oil change.
  6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge.. Even though its new they can be low on pressure and defective. I went through this with a 99 jimmy I had. Mine required 65 psi to start and 55 to run..put a pump in and same problem. put a gauge on it and the pressure was 48 psi.. returned it for another and waalaaa.. purred like a kitten. you can rent the gauges basically for free from advanced or autozone.
    They are a pain to pull out of the tank. but Ive done it 5 times so I had it down to about a half hour R&R.
  7. D town

D town New Member

Overdue for a cleaning

Attached Files:

8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thats not helping any.:shocked: Good find.. let us know if that was the issue.
  9. zuki82

zuki82 New Member 100 Posts

That much crud on the bottom of the TBI unit? I'm thinking the EGR valve is stuck open with some crud! Jimmy I had was the same way! Carbon would hold the valve open just a little and the truck run like crap!
  10. D town

D town New Member

I think i will take the cheap fuel pump back and try an OEM or an american made. Then, get into the recirc. Valve. Haven't heard that problem before thanks i will be replacing that.