1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I like the 2009 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by RWK, Dec 1, 2009.

1. RWK

RWK New Member

We've owned the Burb for about 10 months now. Didn't get to do much driving in the snow last winter with it. Caught 1 late snow storm and the Burb ran great.

I just drove about 160 miles in the worst snow storm ever. Almost met the guard rail. I could see where a few people did get the rail. Saw a tow truck pulling a small SUV back onto the road. Saw another SUV upside down on the side of the road.

Lots of rain and wet snow. Got pulled a few times in the slush ruts and put the Burb into 4 wheel drive, instead of Auto. Most of the trip was 35 mph. Only 3 people passed me and 3 people pulled off the road when I caught up to them, so I could lead the pack. It was a long slow trip, but I was impressed with the Burb, probably would have been better if I had Studded Snow Tires on it. Got into heavy rain and iced covered roads. Took a while to get home, but the Burb go us there.

:party:
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Big Burbs Rule!