1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I live on washboard roads. Best shock?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Rancho5, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Rancho5

Rancho5 New Member

2001 Suburban 1500 4x4. I live on dirt roads and they are often washboardy. The car is new to me and a VAST improvement in ride over my 93. I'd like a shock that will hold up to washboards, not rattle the crap out of my new car and also maintain the nice ride.

Suggestions?
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i had rancho RS9000X on my truck and loved them. they worked great and they were nine way adjustable. however, they were not cheap. however, if i were gonna do it again i would say go with Bilstein 5100. they cost about the same as the ranchos and ride very very well
  3. Rancho5

Rancho5 New Member

What about the Rancho 5000? They seem to be cheaper and the shop says just as good as I don't do much huge off-roading, just camping etc.
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have rancho shocks on my jeep and i love the ride on and off road
    once i need to replace the shocks on my sierra i will put ranchos on it:happy: