1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I lost my job.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by plumber_rob, May 3, 2009.

1. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

I was laid off last Wednesday. I may go back to work in a few weeks but I may have to travel out of town. I have been so bored this weekend. Then I remembered that I haven't logged in on here in a while. Man it takes a while to get caught up on over 12,000 posts!
    :lol:
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear you got laid off. This is all I hear up here in Michigan. I am a Union Electrician and our hall has over 2,000 members on the books.
  3. plumber_rob

My local has about 300 journeyman and 40 apprentices statewide in Kansas unemployed right now.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear that Rob, hope things work out.
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Truly sorry to hear that, Robert. Hope things turn out for the best soon.
  6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks Rob. G/L finding work, I hope it all works out.
  7. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Man, that sucks. More time for fishing though!
  8. plumber_rob

Lol. I was looking to buy a jon boat to take to the lake but I won't have the money for a little while longer. I will probably just go riding more. I have almost finished rebuilding my Maxim and now I have a Seca to restore now. I have be told my Seca is rare cause it is one of the first 500 build. It is #478 and I pick it up for $250. The previous owner didn't know what it was.
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  9. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hang in there Rob. My son is a Union concrete cutter and has been out of work for a few weeks now.
  10. TUTONE

TUTONE Rockstar

Hate to hear that. Sunoco is getting rid of 750 jobs over the course of 2009. This includes the refining section and chemicals (where I work). They have cut about 40 positions just at this facility (Haverhill, OH). Lord willing, my job here in the storeroom will be safe. Good luck.

What happened to all the jobs Obama promised? :grrrrrr: Maybe he LIED!