1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I love it, but it's time to let go....

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Naptime, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Naptime

Naptime New Member

What I thought was bad gas, is far from it. The shop got the motor pulled apart and it's surprising the thing ran as well as it did.
    It'll need a new motor and I'm not willing to make that leap.
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

that sucks dude. always liked your suburban.

Alex
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear man. Hope you get a new GM product soon.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

New motors are cheaper than new vehicles...
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

X2..........
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I think I know where someone can get a nice burb that just needs a drop in.
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Why not find a low mileage replacement engine, a lot cheaper than a new car payment.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it is a sweet ride.. I say Nice new Crate motor.... I always liked that style too....
  9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

While it's obvious that a new engine will be cheaper than a new car, sometimes it's time to just make a change. Good luck no matter what you do!
  10. Naptime

Naptime New Member

Here's what it's boiling down to for me. If I throw another 5k(+) at it. I'll have a truck that I'll likely only be able to sell for little more than the cost of that motor.

The replacement will be a cash purchase so I wont have a payment. Looking at a newer Jeep Unlimited. I like Jeeps too.
    As a side note, I really enjoyed the impotent expression on the Jeep drivers faces when they locked on this Suburban rolling their way.

All that said. I am conflicted and appreciate the comments.