1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I love my wife...but oh sh**!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by SSgtJinx, Jan 19, 2007.

1. SSgtJinx

SSgtJinx New Member

One night my wife and I bought a crib and dresser for our baby that will be born soon. It was a really windy night so my wife decided to get in the back seat, open the rear sliding window and hold the boxes down alittle. When we got home, I got out and brought the boxes inside and started put them together. She got out and forgot to close the window she opened. It rained like cats and dogs outside for like 3 hours. When i went to get back in my truck later on that night it was wet inside but I didn't know the extent of the damage. I went to drive and my 4x4 started coming on and going off by itself. Lights started flashing... Serves 4wd light came on and then finally the 4wd panel went blank.... I took it to the dealer. They pulled up the carpet and i had 1/4 inche of water under my seat which is where your 4wd module sits. They also replaced the padding under the carpet and shampoo and cleaned the carpet itself. So just as warning to all don't leave windows open and remember the 4wd module is under your seat!!!!!! It sucks i know!!!

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yikes. Sorry to hear about the water damage. I did that once on a 1962 GMC 3/4 I had ... nothing to worry about, just let it dry out. Now, you've got wires and components all over the place.

Congrats on the new baby, btw.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That stinks. If it were my wife, I'd need to invest in a bilge pump. I have no doubt that she'd do it again.: :tongue:

Congrats on the baby!
    I was so happy when our baby was born, then I realized I was slated to deal with the night time feedings, and changes. Wasn't quite as happy anymore, but now that's over I'm having a blast watching him learn about the world. Everything he sees is a curiosity, especially the cat...lol

4. craig6970

craig6970 New Member

Id Trade her in...not the truck...lol

5. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wives
    You can't live with them,
    You can't live without them,
    And you will never understand them.