I might just have to buy a chrysler!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Oct 26, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yep, I am Serious!!!! My wife has a 2008 Pontiac Torrent. It has 65,000 miles on it. We have 2 young boys and another baby on the way. The torrent just does not have room for a third car seat. That on top of the hard starting issue that it has been having (that the dealer wants $100 an hour to diagnose it even though it is under powertrain warranty) has pushed me away from buying a new GM vehicle. Is a non starting issue a power train problem? In my book it is! I contacted
    @GM Customer Service a few days ago with the info they requested and they have not responded. So, even with the employee discount I get at GM, I am probably buying my wife a Town and country or a Caravan. I can get one fully loaded for $23000. I hate to leave GM, but this torrent has been a nightmare since purchase and getting things fixed under warranty has been even worse. I have never owned a non GM vehicle. At least I will still have the yukon.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Town & Countries own the mini-van market for a reason...
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What about an Acadia? Those things have a ton of room. I tried to talk the CFO into getting one when we bought her Saturn Vue. She said it was to big.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

isnt the acadia and the vue built on almost the same platform?

ALex
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That I don't know. But there is a difference in size.
  6. Pikey

My sister has one. There is not much room in my opinion. She has her twins in the second row captains chairs. There is not enough room behind the third row to fit a stroller and anything else. So she has to fold the third row forward so she can carry a stroller and a few other small things. This makes the third row useless. I rode in that row one time, it will be the last time I ever ride in it. I am only 5'8" and it was super uncomfortable. A side note The vue is smaller then the torrent. My parents have one and it is shorter than the torrent when parked next to each other.
  7. SurrealOne

My parental units had two different Town & Country mini-vans when they were buying/selling antiques early in their retirement years. You could fit a small army in those things -- not to mention dang near what my truck bed will hold if the seats were out (first one) or folded into the floor (second one).

On a side note we need pics of Pikey driving a mini-van ... for laughs!
  8. Pikey

Um, Not Going to happen surreal! I will be hanging out in the back with the boys watching a dvd while my wife drives. You fold that second row flat and there is plenty of room to lay down and stretch out!
  9. SurrealOne

Oh, it'll happen. You'll be on some trip to somewhere and she'll want you to drive. That's how it goes.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree with Surreal theres a reason Chrysler owns the Mini Van market, Town & Country mini vans have just about everything you could want.
    For various reasons over the years we've rented Town & Country mini vans while traveling for work or vacation, when reserving rental cars my wife will specifically request a Town & Country.