1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need a custom box for a system! someone help! and not trying to blow my wallet!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by PAC-FREAKIN-MAN, Mar 24, 2014.

1. PAC-FREAKIN-MAN

PAC-FREAKIN-MAN New Member

i am in need of a new sound system in my truck someone assist me plz this is not my strong suit...
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What are you looking for? Bass only? Good all around sound? Budget?
  3. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

I agree with steve we need details
  4. PAC-FREAKIN-MAN

I'm looking bass and sound also looking for everything to be around $300…thanks guys
  5. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts

for what your looking to spend you must have no idea about this stuff. first off 300 will not even get you speakers.

with you having some speakers able to handle a 200 watt RMS power amp build a speaker box and mount them. you can look this up to do this properly. get a electrical connector hook up for the OEM radio and take off the audio signal to the amp input... 500 you should be able to get a good powerful [not too powerful ] sound system..
  6. DrumBound

DrumBound New Member

+1. Only thing that might net you any results over your factory system for $300 would be an aftermarket head unit and some decent speakers. But for that budget you're best sticking to craigslist, wal-mart, and MAYBE your local pawnshop.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As said above I have built many systems from $200-$140.000 With the $300 I would get a good Head unit with built in Cross over Like a Kenwood Exalon Hooked to your factory speakers it will sound a bit better for now Save your money for better speakers and a amp. Don't go buy Cheap speakers that you will have to replace after 6 months I reather see you get what you want It just might take you longer But well worth it. No reason to take your truck apart every 6 months Get it done Right the first time and enjoy the sounds..
  8. PAC-FREAKIN-MAN

appreciate it guys…music is my passion but i didn't realize how expensive it was...
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

On the lower end side Good head unit 5 Ch Amp 4 good speakers and a sub and Box about $1200-$1500
  10. Pat10

Pat10 New Member

That's no joke, l am working on my system build with head unit and door speakers only so far. I'm into it like $1300 still need subs & amp I'd tell ya save up, that's how I've come up on everything I ever had. You may even change your mind a few times while you're raising funds new technology come out so rapidly now. Put the $300 up and add to that.