I need a good mechanic!!

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by rwhitbeck, Nov 13, 2007.

1. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

Does anyone know of a good but fair (in both ethics and price) in the Mesa area? I had a very good mechanic, but I found out yesterday that he has packed up his shop and called it quits!

I have an ’88 Suburban that I need fixed! I have a gas tank and sending unit that need to be installed and I also need a mechanic that can get it to pass Maricopa County emissions standards!

Any help would be appreciated! I would rather go to a mechanic that someone recommends than try to find one by cold calling numbers out of the yellow pages!

Thanks a lot!!

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good luck on that. It's always nice to get a referral on something like this. Anyone?

3. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

I am taking the 'burb' in to a shop called Hopper's Automotive this Friday! They came highly recommended from another club (Arizona Virtual Jeep Club) that I belong to. Wish me luck.

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

An honest mechanic is something to hold onto. I found one in John at Auto Wrench in Hesperia, Ca. John mans the counter and employs 3 mechanics to do the wrench work. No parts swappers employed here, just honest to goodness mechanics who know their trade. Great work at a fair price. He will even recommend another shop if he doesn't think he can do right by you. John is a big Chevy lover. Owns and drives Corvettes and Caddies. You can usually see a couple of vintage Camaro's parked out front.