1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need a good mechanic!!

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by rwhitbeck, Nov 13, 2007.

1. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

Does anyone know of a good but fair (in both ethics and price) in the Mesa area? I had a very good mechanic, but I found out yesterday that he has packed up his shop and called it quits!

I have an ’88 Suburban that I need fixed! I have a gas tank and sending unit that need to be installed and I also need a mechanic that can get it to pass Maricopa County emissions standards!

Any help would be appreciated! I would rather go to a mechanic that someone recommends than try to find one by cold calling numbers out of the yellow pages!

Thanks a lot!!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good luck on that. It's always nice to get a referral on something like this. Anyone?
  3. rwhitbeck

rwhitbeck Rockstar

I am taking the 'burb' in to a shop called Hopper's Automotive this Friday! They came highly recommended from another club (Arizona Virtual Jeep Club) that I belong to. Wish me luck.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

An honest mechanic is something to hold onto. I found one in John at Auto Wrench in Hesperia, Ca. John mans the counter and employs 3 mechanics to do the wrench work. No parts swappers employed here, just honest to goodness mechanics who know their trade. Great work at a fair price. He will even recommend another shop if he doesn't think he can do right by you. John is a big Chevy lover. Owns and drives Corvettes and Caddies. You can usually see a couple of vintage Camaro's parked out front.