1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need a tire recommendation

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by EdPDX, Mar 14, 2008.

1. EdPDX

EdPDX Rockstar

I have these Milanni 20" wheels. They spec a 8.5" wide rim. I want a better tire than is on there- hell Iam frankly afraid to go off road with these rims, let alone the tires that are on it now.

Anyone know of a good tire in a 20" that would fit- maybe medium aggressive- but still ok for highway.

Thanks up front,

Ed[​IMG]
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What's your ride again? What are you looking to do, go offroad in the pac northwest for camping/hunting, 4x4ing, etc?
  3. dryfuss10

dryfuss10 Rockstar 100 Posts

we need more info like Steve said .. check out the tires on line to see if there are any you like and fit the bill what you want them to do ie..offroad, cant get to agressive tires will hum @ highway speeds
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  5. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I thought the hum was good thing? :)

Stock height? What concerns you about going off-road: the possibility of damaging the wheel? That seems like a good concern with those low profile tires. My personal choice: find a cheap set of steel 15-17 inch rims and put your off-road tires on those, and keep you street tires on the 20's
  6. WhosDatGuy

WhosDatGuy New Member

Bash the steelies. I agree, get two sets. When I go camping and have to pull my trailer I go back to stock. When I go off road ( most of the time) I run my 33's.
  7. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

I heard from a friend that the Nittos are a noisy tire. I agree with using 2 sets of wheels, I know it will be a pain changing them over but it will save those nice looking rims! $$$$
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I run 20" Toyo Open Country A/T's on my 2006 2500HD Silverado, and my Wife runs 18" Toyo Open Country A/T's on her 2001 1500 Suburban. They work great in the snow, mud, rain, etc. and are not noisy in the highway.
  9. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've got 275/55/20 Cooper AT's on my 07 sierra. I love them. Great looking, great traction in rain and they were only 150/each from discount tire direct.
  10. EdPDX

EdPDX Rockstar

[​IMG]What? You guys can't read my mind about what vehicle I'm talking about. That's OK, I don't have much faith in mind readers- its RARE to see a MEDIUM, WELL DONE. :no:

OK These rims (20" Milannis) are on my 1500 98 SUburban. The tires that are on there right now have a lean sidewall profile and though they may look sharp, they are hell on rough terrain. Can I get a bigger sidewall profile and still get them in the wheel well?

Ed