Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I need help on my flowmaster muffler install

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SRALinQ, Sep 17, 2009.

1. SRALinQ

SRALinQ New Member

Ok guys I have a 2006 silverado with a stock 2 3/4 inch piping. I bought a flowmaster muffler with a 2 1/2 inch inlet. I cannot find a step down connector pipe anywhere. So i was trying to find out if there is something I can do to make it fit without having to weld anything. Any advice or references would be great.:eek:

2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

check your local auto parts store and see if they rent exhaust pipe expander for that size, or call your local exhaust shop and see if they can get you a step down

3. drkbluZ71

drkbluZ71 New Member

check autozone thats when i picked up mine when i welded up my flowmaster. they should have several different id. and od. of piping.

4. SRALinQ

SRALinQ New Member

yeah i checked autozone and pepboys but they dont carry a 2 3/4 to a 2 1/2 step down

5. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

get a clamp and smash the bitch down until you cant tighten anymore

6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you can cut relief cuts into the stock pipe and squeeze it down to the 2.5" diameter.

7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Me personally I would be leary to take what the factory had set-up and make it smaller, while it is only a 1/4 of an inch it could give you more restriction and rob you of some power or MPG as it tries to take what normally flows at one diameter and now take the same amount and force it into a smaller diameter, 2 1/2 inch is pretty common maybe try and sell it on craigslist and then get the correct size.

8. SRALinQ

SRALinQ New Member

I did it

We put relief cuts into the connector pipes and it runs and sounds like a beast thanks for the info guys:party:

9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

SWEET, he used my suggestion, lol. J/J guys.

10. crash_42

crash_42 New Member

my adice take it to a shop and have them weld it in.. 25 bucks for them on mine