Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I need help!! Silverado won't start

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by New guy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. New guy

New guy New Member

I think I may have fried my ECM today?? I'm not sure!? I bought a wrecked truck, the pdc/ fuse box under the hood is not in it original plastic box so there are open/ hot terminals under the hood. Well I went to move the truck and the ECU touched a hot terminal and the truck went dead. Well what I should say is the truck instantly went dead and when I looked under the good it looks like that is what happened. Now it turns over a little bit when I jump it but it won't start. Would that fry the ECU? Will it turn over if the ECU is bad? It almost seems like my batteries are just dead but Im sure it not that simple. I need to go buy another batt charger to find out because I did have to jump it the first time it started it today. Any help with a diagnosis would be much appreciated!
    06' silverado 2500 6.6L

2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

with a damaged vehicle all the wiring must be inspected and repaired, remove the PCM and inspect all connectors as well. with a front end hit the battery may be internally damaged also. then check all the fuses.

3. New guy

New guy New Member

Thanks for the response. I was able to check the fuses under the hood and get the batteries checked. My primary battery was bad. I replaced it last night. The truck turns over for a second or two and then stops. It did actually start after doing that same thing last night. It was weird tho because it just shut off after a few minutes but started back up. But tonight it just turns for a second and stops.

4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

so this is a cranking problem ? could be the starter is damaged and binding on the flywheel .

5. New guy

New guy New Member

But it was cranking fine until I screwed whatever it is up. All the troubles started when the I moved the truck and it died the other day. Hopefully it warm above freezing this weekend so I can put a meter on some things and check the power.