I need help upgrading my truck plz!

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by PAC-FREAKIN-MAN, Mar 10, 2014.

1. PAC-FREAKIN-MAN

PAC-FREAKIN-MAN New Member

This is my first truck that i have owned to myself. Its a great truck and i need help with picking and choosing and overall finding things. Now i will have a lot of posts about all theses diff things but first lets start with this…I want to raise my truck up but don't want to spend over $300…should i just get a leveling kit or what?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

$300 is not much to work with. what year and model is the truck?

3. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

It's a 2007 classic according to his garage. You can get the Rough Country 2.5 leveling kit with blocks, keys, shocks and hardware for $200.00

4. PAC-FREAKIN-MAN

Thanks! Is that what you have!

IS that what you have bc i was looking at that and was very interested but didn't know if it looked like it was a lift at all… Also what are some good companies to get 6000k HIDs from?

5. BRB46

That is the one I have and it does lift it a bit. It comes with 3" blocks for the back, factory are 2" and the keys for the front lift it to match. If you didn't use the block the front would be higher. As far as HID goes a lot of people use DDM Tuning web site for them. I purchased mine from VVME and have had no issues. they are Hella ballast and I have had them since Jan. 2010.

6. PAC-FREAKIN-MAN

okay so the DDM site…what do i need to get for my truck specific if all i want is the bright "white" 6000K low beams and also fog lights?

7. BRB46

6000K will have a slight tint of blue. 5000k is just about pure white light. You should be able to get the whole kit. Make sure you get the relay kit as well. It should be plug and play except for the connection to the battery. Not sure on the fog setup. I didn't do that on mine.

8. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

You should be able to choose different kits online. When you enter your year, model, etc. Then choose which you need.

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have had great experiences with the customer service at http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

I bought a dual relay harness from them and it was very high quality.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014