I need new rotors and brakes

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by altst012, Aug 6, 2012.

1. altst012

altst012 New Member

I am in need of new rotors and brakes and was wondering if anyone had and ideas for good brands. I would like to stay on the cheaper side, but want reliable ones.

2. Patman

Patman Rockstar

napa brand pads and rotors are what iv used and had no problem with them... also rebestos brakes are awesome and very reasonibly priced...

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I just installed the weaverwear ones from advanced auto this past weekend and they are working great.

4. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

i use duralast (autozone) on all the vehicles i work on. pads are usually about $20 with a lifetime warranty and rotors should have a 2 year. kinda nice not having to pay for pads more than once per vehicle

5. SAGO

SAGO New Member

Brakes are the most vital part of your truck. Personally I don't know why people get the bargain parts. Yes I spent a little more but I've got over 10,000 miles on this STOPTECH rotors and 2000 of those miles are towing. I can still see the cross hatching from when there new, and the pads barley worn at all. Not to mention my rims dont get dirty!!!! Check the pics in my profile to see the parts.