i need some help from the s10 guys!

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by bocephus, Jan 10, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. bocephus

bocephus New Member

has anybody put a sbc in an s10? i want to put my stroker in an s10 but need to know what all i need to change i know motor mounts and tranny but what else needs changed?
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would assume you will need a custom cut drive shaft. What year is the S10?
  3. wis bang

wis bang New Member 100 Posts

Google 'Jagsthatrun" and they have a book telling you how.

S10Extreamist.com has a bunch of guys who did it.

Lots of tips like changing to a three row rad core for the extra cooling, lo-po camaro cast manifolds work w/ no/little body lift...those guys have done it.
  4. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member 100 Posts

I think Summit Racing sells a kit.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What year S-10?
    The first generation square body S-10 was real easy to drop a V-8 in, especially 83/87.
    A few years back I was in buisness with a friend doing turn-key to parts+ builders for V-8 S-10's, we specialized in 1st generation trucks.
    The second generation S-10 took a little more work but is still not a bad builder, a little engine compartment sheet metal trimming is required but nothing major, electronics is more in depth, which is why we tried to stick to 83/87 trucks, but with a little time and patience it can be worked out.
  6. Mechnix

Mechnix New Member

it's easier to put a SB in then to switch from a 4 banger to v6
  7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

I built a 1998 S-10 with a 350 and a 4 inch lift