Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

i need some help from the s10 guys!

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by bocephus, Jan 10, 2012.

1. bocephus

bocephus New Member

has anybody put a sbc in an s10? i want to put my stroker in an s10 but need to know what all i need to change i know motor mounts and tranny but what else needs changed?
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would assume you will need a custom cut drive shaft. What year is the S10?
  3. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

Google 'Jagsthatrun" and they have a book telling you how.

S10Extreamist.com has a bunch of guys who did it.

Lots of tips like changing to a three row rad core for the extra cooling, lo-po camaro cast manifolds work w/ no/little body lift...those guys have done it.
  4. dedmon27

dedmon27 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think Summit Racing sells a kit.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What year S-10?
    The first generation square body S-10 was real easy to drop a V-8 in, especially 83/87.
    A few years back I was in buisness with a friend doing turn-key to parts+ builders for V-8 S-10's, we specialized in 1st generation trucks.
    The second generation S-10 took a little more work but is still not a bad builder, a little engine compartment sheet metal trimming is required but nothing major, electronics is more in depth, which is why we tried to stick to 83/87 trucks, but with a little time and patience it can be worked out.
  6. Mechnix

Mechnix New Member

it's easier to put a SB in then to switch from a 4 banger to v6
  7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I built a 1998 S-10 with a 350 and a 4 inch lift