1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I need suggestions/opinions

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by suicide_star, Jun 13, 2009.

1. suicide_star

suicide_star Rockstar

so, i'm working on fixing up my daily driver...just for fun, it's a swb/reg cab silverado with a 4.8 and 3.23 gears. currently, it has true dual flowmaster 40 series 2ch mufflers, a hypertech power programmer III,and i've got a volant intake in the mail. i decided on the next few mods being headers, an underdrive pulley (SLP), and 3.73 gears. my first question is what do you think my truck would run a 1/4 with these mods? is there anything else i'm missing short of a cam to get cheap horsepower? and how badly do header bolts back out on the 4.8's?

2. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Do not put under drive pullys on, wasting your money. Headers will free up some horse power.

3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

NOS cheep power. YOU might break into the 13s and that is with nos add a supercharger and a turbo and you can get into the 12s

4. suicide_star

suicide_star Rockstar

can you guys point me toward a supercharger? also, will that void my warranty?

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Magnacharger won't void your warranty, IF you get it installed through an authorized installer or the dealer. I know this because I researched it when I bought my old truck, and they also offer an extended powertrain warranty through GM for the Magnacharger. It is a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty and it costs an arm and a leg, pretty much the price of a new transmission when you blow the old one. :rules:

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

dont spray your engine.

its your daily driver anyways its not a nascar.

if you want power save your money for a 6.0 motor swap

7. suicide_star

suicide_star Rockstar

my blazer is my hot rod, i just want my silverado to break at least into the 14's...is all

8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

youll want:

cams
    longtube headers
    custom tune
    regear

a magnacharger will help out alot.

9. suicide_star

suicide_star Rockstar

can you guys point me in the direction of some good stainless long tube headers? that's my next mod, then 3.73 rear.

10. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

[​IMG]I'd suggest a whipple supercharger its what I have on my truck heres there web site www.whipplesuperchargers.com they cover all kinds of FAQ there that can point you in the right direction which ever way you decide to go with supercharger.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009