I need suggestions!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by DannyT08, Jan 18, 2012.

1. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

So im wanting to do more to my truck but i dont know what to do... i already have lights orderd for my roll bar, i also am wanting to get the lock rings for my rims, should i go with red, blue,yellow or chrome? I was thinking about getting some smoked cab lights possibly whats yall opinion?

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tint the windows dark all the way around? Vent visors if you like to crack your windows? Paint-matched, wider-than-OEM fender flares if your tires sling mud down the sides of the truck and you want to put an end to that? De-mould the truck if you still have moulding on the sides? Some Truck Nutz to go with the horns you already have?

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

It's looking good.
    I agree with the tint, too. [check local laws...]
    How about nerf bars to match the bumper and roll bars?
    Unless you have some other accent color I can't see, the yellow rings would be out of place. Chrome would work-brushed might be better. The red ones would make it look like a great big Matchbox truck; which I think would be cool!

Good luck,

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The red lock ring would be cool, same with the smoked cab lights, they'd give it that "big rig" look.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Not sure what the lock ring is. But if you add any color you need to add more of the same color in other places. Like with the light on your light bar. If you add a red ring add some KC light covers with the KC written in red. Or red Truck Nutz.

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

this is the lock ring the OP is talking about------->http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels.php?item=RingKits

7. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

Thanks guys for all the input!!!! i think im gonna go with the red rings and the red lettered kc covers i think it would look good to!!!

8. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

For sure tint the windows dark and do a nice deep eyebrow.I think the tail lights smoked would look good against the grey. I agree with removing the trim....will give a real sleek look.i also think flares would look good but in my opinion only if the tires stick out past them other wise they look weird.

9. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

well my front tires stick out about 3 to 4 inches and my back only stick out about 2 to 3... should i leave them black or paint to match? And as for the tint there isnt a place with in a hr drive from my house that does it ... is it east to do on ur own?

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would color match the flares. Tiniting isn't hard. It is a skill though. For the most part you can pick out a DIY job. Just make sure the window is uber clean and take your time.