1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need to move

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Camaro69car, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

the worst part of living by Langley AFB is having a migrane. Listening to fighters doing "Touch-and-go's" all day long gets old real quick.

Just thought I'd share. I really should snap a few pics for y'all. Not many people get to say they see jets flying every day.
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

yes you should snap a few and share, awesome. now arm yourself with the camera..
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

I lived next door to Tulsa international airport in Oklahoma for a few years. I got used to the f-16's that landed at the ad base next door after a while
  4. Camaro69car

yeah its ridiculous. I will get the best pics I can. I'm broke at the moment, so y'all are going to have to deal with cell phone pics.
  5. BRB46

BRB46 Member 100 Posts

That's cool. When I was in I was TDY to England. I was fortunate to see the SR-71 blackbird take off. What a sight that was. Always enjoyed watching jets take off.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  6. Camaro69car

SWEET!!! I love the SR-71 What a beast of an aircraft.
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Leaking fuel until she could heat up... you know they're built to go fast!
  8. Camaro69car

oh yeah... I know.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dont want to be a prick but being retired US navy aircrew Ive always been a fan of the banner painted across the the front of Hanger 1 at Atsugi Naval Air Station "Pardon our Jet noise, its the sound of Freedom"
    But being a previous Hampton Roads resident Im glad yo see you said "I gotta move" not the standard Hampton Roads "The Military needs to move its base" since the Military airbases in the Tidewater area are some of the oldest and were built on marsh lands in unpopulated areas that chose to grow around them over the years.
  10. BRB46

BRB46 Member 100 Posts

I know. Don't know how they didn't catch fire till they got moving. Bet it didn't take long for the metal to heat up though.