I need your help fast please

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by b_burdine, Dec 12, 2009.

1. b_burdine

b_burdine Rockstar 100 Posts

Today I installed some sound dampener in my truck and everything went ok. I had a lot of leftover material so I decided to do install it on my doors. I did my passenger door first and disconnected everything without messing it up. After I put everything back in the right place and connected everything where it belonged, the passenger door window,lock or interior light won't work. So I have no clue what has happened and Advance Auto Parts says it could be a switch.

So, right now, it is pouring outside and my passenger window is down. and my keyless entry won't work. I tried to roll up the window with my driver side window switch but it did nothing. It's almost as if I blew a fuse for the whole passenger door. Please help me as soon as you can because the plastic isn't keeping all of the rain out, and you would know what I mean if you live in FL.

Also, the interior lights are on all the time too.

2. b_burdine

Could it be that I fried the passenger door control module?

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I seriously doubt that you fried the BCM, because none of your interior stuff would work including your windshield wipers. Did you have the battery disconnected when you did all of that stuff, because the electrical can do a lot of damage if you didn't disconnect at least the negative battery cable. Other than fuses and relays, I wouldn't know what else to say..........sorry.

4. b_burdine

I didn't have the battery disconnected, didn't think of it at the time. Because I'm dumb. I think that I may have messed up a relay. But I'm going to pull out the whole passenger power lock and window switch tomorrow and hopefully there will be a simple blown fuse there.

Other than that, how would I find out what it was and how to fix it?

5. KMKsilverado

KMKsilverado New Member

Take a test light and see if you have power any where in the door. If you have power to the switches and they arent working than its a bad switch ok. No power to anything than find all relays and or fuses that apply and check them you can swap relays from something of the similar to test and vice versa by putting the one you took out into something that you know that works. I have taken my panels off while listening to the radion in my truck never had a problem the only thing you could have done was pinched a wire putting the panel back on.

6. irocz600hp

irocz600hp New Member

just disconnect battery then reconnect happened in my escalade