I really hate this guy J/K

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 84fiero123, Mar 17, 2007.

1. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This guy live less than 40 miles from me, and I never met him.

Well that is going to change as soon as we clean up the ft. of snow we just got.

Dial up users beware.

http://www.dcchomes.com/MG.html

Note the speaker cabs, he must be a musician.

2. 84fiero123

I really love the heating in the floor idea.

Thats what I what to do when I build out back.

Just think no cold feet.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Me jealous!

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My little workshop

I like that guys garage! I guess I have a lot of work to do on my. Mine is an ongoing project. Seperate out building of 16x24, I installed seperate hydro (100 amp service) and panel. Insulated and vapour bariered, 1/2 OSB on walls. Installed work bench (heavy gauge steel sheet on top) New doors and windows. But no heat yet :frown: still trying to decide. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

5. cafs

cafs New Member

Cableguy , are you asking for suggestions on heating the place or types of heating ?

Cause I gotta say theres 3 things you can never have too much of in a garage

Space - the more the merrier

Light -gotta be able to see

Last but not least WARMTH .. nothing worse than being cold doing what you have to do

just my .02 :biggrin:

6. 84fiero123

This guys garage has that radiant heating, said he pored foam over the original floor, then the tubing and concrete over that.

It is supposed to very efficient and I do know a appliance store in town that has one and loves it. I walk around in my socks in there when its -20 f and its warm.

No more cold feet. I would love to do that in mine.

They are more expensive to put in but dam nice.

7. Cableguy

Yes. Thanks. Got any good ideas?

8. GWAGON_99

GWAGON_99 Rockstar 100 Posts

Before I say this I want to put a disclaimer on it, I am not suggesting this as an idea!:biggrin: I know a guy who puts racing fuel (alcohol) in a large flat pan and lights it on fire. He claims that it provides just enough heat before going out. Helps on those really cold days here in texas. (40 degrees:biggrin: ) I have personally never tried it but I guess if you have really good homeowners insurance than go for it, you might even get a new house out of the deal as long as they don't find out you set the fire!!!

9. Cableguy

First I guess I should apologize for robbing your thread 84fiero123. (next time I get my own damn thread) and Jay is that where they get flash in the pan...LOL. My shop can get down to -20 F in winter, (thats friggin' cold) even infloor heating would be insufficent at that point. BTW the insurance company would love me to explain the open flame thing ...LOL