1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I really really want as a project truck

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChromeSilver02, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

This 49 Chevy 3100 has been sitting in the same place since the mid 70's and my dad grew up with the guy that owns it, well he does not have any kids himself so I might need to ask if he ever consider selling! :yes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gotta check for rust :whistle:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

It's certainly worth asking him. I can't imagine he's too attached to it since he hasn't done anything with it in 35 years except let it sit, & use it for storage.
  3. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

That would be one fun project, let us know what happens G/L
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sweet looking truck.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That looks like a sweet project. Hopefully he will sell. Never know though, maybe it belonged to his dad. Theres a '65 & '67 Chevelles that have been sitting next to a barn since '68 rotten away. The man will not sell because they belonged to his son that was killed in VietNam, sad story.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would Jump on it as soon as he says YES!!!!.. A great base truck to start with..
  7. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Well if you are lucky enough to get that truck, keep us posted on the restoration progress.
  8. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I would love to have a project truck like that! One of these days... Good luck and I hope to see the restoration!
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That would be one hell of a platform to start a resto mod. Keep up posted with some pics. I bet a small 572 would fit in the frame rails of a ride like that.
  10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well I got some info yesterday, the guy that owns the truck has let the truck sit and not let it crank since his dad died. Plus I have not been the only interested in the truck before but it still sits in the garage and I know I don't have the funds to make an over the top offer. It sad but it seems that truck is just going to sit there for the rest of his life.