Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I Seafoamed my truck today.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ZSI52, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

All I can say is wow. Their wasn't a lot of smoke that came out, but it runs like a brand new truck. It has had a real rough idle lately and it felt really sluggish when accelerating. It almost seemed like all the power was gone. I had been looking at seafoam for a few months and I figured I would just take a leap and do it. I bought 2 cans yesterday and done it today. I put 3/4's of a can in the brake booster vacuum line. Then the rest of that can in the oil and I put 1/2 of the other can in the Gas tank. It runs so much better. Im going to leave it in the oil until next week when I change the oil.

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love seafoam. I use it every time I change my oil. I wait till I'm about 200 miles till due, put about half the bottle in the crankcase, then drive off the next 200. The first time I did it, at 157k, the oil came out junky and black. It progressively got better. Now, at 172k, the oil comes out the color of a dark honey. I swear by that stuff.

3. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I was amazed by the results. It was well worth the $20 for 2 cans.

4. Mean_Green_95

Def. I will never use another product that claims it does the same stuff.

5. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

Live and breathe by it! I put that in everything, snowmobiles, 4wheelers, trucks, cars you name it. I've never tried it in anything except for the gas tank but that seems to do enough wonders for me. When adding to oil do you juts pour it in where you would add oil?

6. Mean_Green_95

Yep, just pour it into the filler tube. No easier than that. Just don't run that stuff in the oil for too long. I wouldn't want it to clog up the filter.

1 person likes this.
  7. Big_Ben

thanks! I just changed the oil about a week ago, so I'll toss it in when I'm getting close to due for another one as you suggested and see what happens. What does it do for oil? I know it cleans out the fuel system and carbs tremendously but I've never read the part about oil.

Changing the spark plugs in my truck tomorrow and I haven't had a can of this stuff in my truck for almost a year now so I think I'll throw some in.

another quick question - I've been told not to use fuel injector cleaners along with high octane (91) fuel, to just use one or the other... any issues with using seafoam in a tank with premium gasoline?

8. z3ro

z3ro Rockstar 100 Posts

be carefull when leaving that stuff in your oil for that long. It will start to eat seals if the oil isnt in great condition

9. Mean_Green_95

IDK about the fuel injector cleaners and high octane fuel. Sry.

But when you do it for your oil, it cleans out any tid bit of junk where ever the oil get in your engine. The first time it looks horrible, the next couple of times it starts to look a lot better.

I drive 41 miles one way to school, twice a week, so it doesn't stay in there too long.

10. Big_Ben

I'm going to switch back to regular for a few tanks anyways, just to avoid possible carbon build up in the fuel system, so I'll run some seafoam through with that.

I'll try it in the oil the next time I am about to change it - if I remember lol.

Thanks guys