1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I Shaved My Cat Today!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 10, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This cat was filthy, full of mats and knots in his fur and was about to go to "kitty heaven" because he was so dirty.

Then I found my dog clippers and wondered if they would work on a cat. YUP! The work just fine. Darned cat bit me about a half-dozen times though. I really wish I had taken pictures during the process though.

I threw in a pic of my new beard too. :)

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

and NO, his head was not in the vice. I threw him in the garage after I cleaned him up and he was rubbing up against the vice for comfort I guess.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Which ones the cat and which ones the beard.:lol:
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Was he a stray?
    Usually cats are pretty good at keeping their fur clean and neat but strays or cats separated from their mothers to early have a hard time getting this concept.
    Looks like he's not much more than a kitten.
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Whoooo- you are a brave man!!
    We have 4-6 cat(4 are ours and live inside, but 2 outdoor neighbor cats come by the "take out" window) 1-2 dogs-(we have one dog, but baby sit a friends beagle for weeks at a time)
    I would really have to get my guts up to shave a cat!!
    Some long haired cats get those horrible mats tangles of hair that are so hard it is tough to tell them from the underlying skin!!
    Brave man!
    Charlie
  6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Actually, that head in the vice thing is a good way to keep the cat from moving around so much. You need a pet carrier so you can take him for proper grooming in the future. Check this out:

cat-carrier_funny.jpg
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Excellent ad VISE . Still laughing
  8. ChevyFan

ok, I guess the fur will grow back in like 1 to 2 months to be mostly back for him. So, he should look better in like 2 weeks probably.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

lol, that's not a bad little contraction.
  9. motonerd

motonerd New Member

HA HA! Looks like the cat carrier is adjustable for all sizes!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  10. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Problem would be catching the kitty. I have a few neighbors cats I would like to use that on