1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I think I made the right grille choice

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2011laserblue, Mar 20, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member 100 Posts

As some of you may be aware, I was contemplating going back to the black mesh grille. Having the different grille on for 2 weeks now I can say that I think I made the right decision - what do you think?

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

I feel the black looks much better because It really ties everything together. Looks like it sits higher w/o the running boards as well.

This year

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last Year

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Much better, I've thought of doing the same to mine.

Love the painted bow-tie; did you paint an aftermarket? What did you do for the rear.

The trailer mirrors are a BIG improvement. Are they power, did you replace the door switch?
  3. 2011laserblue

No sir, that is the factory gold bowtie, and I did the rear as well. Yes I LOVE the trailer mirrors. They are power and I did not have to replace the door switch..everything worked the same, all plug and play. It has the signals in the side too, which my old mirrors didn't have! :great:

I plan on painting the outsides of the tailgate latch as well, that way there will only be that slim piece of chrome.

[​IMG]
  4. oxendale

oxendale New Member

I think both grilles look good, Im kinda a fan of the chrome myself but on your truck that black does look equally good. However im interested in where you got the mirrors from. It sounds like im in the same boat you were. I have a 2010 power mirrors but no blinker and want to buy the trailer mirrors with the blinker. Mine are also heated and I want to keep that option too. Were they hard to swap out?
  5. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Defiantly like the black grille. My father's tahoe had the running boards removed when he purchased it; looks like it sits much higher than it does.
  6. 2011laserblue

I got the mirrors directly from the dealer's parts dept. I did have to sacrifice a pretty penny - but I really wanted them and figured it would be best to get "real" mirrors, not cheezy aftermarket ones. They were very easy to put on, like I said, all plug and play. I do not have the heated function - so I'm not sure how that will work..

Thanks! I really like the black a lot better. It is amazing how much taller vehicles look when the running boards aren't there! I was thinking about adding some n-fabs but now I'm not sure I even want to do that...I love how my truck is looking right now!
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like it Big Time... Much better.... :great:
  8. 2011laserblue

Thanks Enkei!
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am usually a big fan of chrome. But, I like it with the black grill and the running boards gone. Those mirrors look sweet. In my opinion the truck looks much better this year than last year. Now, time to paint the tailgate handle and bezel :great:
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've already rendered my opinion on the grille in another, prior response. :)

I'm not a fan of tow mirrors, myself -- they stick out too far and look like Obama's ears, to me, as a result. Thus, I tend to think they only belong on vehicles that need them for towing. But to each his/her own.