1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I think I made the right grille choice

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2011laserblue, Mar 20, 2013.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Your truck is a work of art, not much room for improvement really. It looks good no matter what you do, keep up the great work!!
  2. Looking good there. Truck is coming right along. I think the grill looks sweet either way, the chrome works with the blue. I think the tailgate handle bezel being painted is a smart choice. Mirrors look sweet as well. Keep up the great work.
  3. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Thanks for the compliments fellas! I really appreciate it.

Hahaha "stick out like Obama's ears"..thats hilarious. I can really see better with these mirrors vs my old ones, the main reason why I am so fond of them.

I had some other mods in mind...but I think I am going to hold off on them. As stated before, I do plan on a re-gear and Rigid Light bar (thanks to @SurrealOne and @aloxdaddy99) - I'm still trying to decide whether to go with the E series or SR series...to me the SR series was the answer, but after speaking with aloxdaddy99 , he went with the E series.

Tailgate latch will be painted....have also thought about painting the mirrors to match the truck as well. I've wanted the smoked LED taillights from recon forever....but I think I will wait for a while. SurrealOne and I have talked a few different times about doing "too much" to a truck to a point that it becomes tacky...which is what I am trying to avoid :great:

Thanks again for the compliments and input guys! All of you have excellent looking trucks as well!!
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

[MENTION=48830]2011laserblue[/MENTION],
    The 20" SR-series is 1.5" tall, produces 6400 lumens, and lists at $530 clams. The 20" E-series is 3 1/4" tall, produces 7900 lumens, and lists at 700 clams.

Measure the height of your bumper opening. If more than 2" tall then the SR-series will probably look too small for it. You really want the opening size to be very close to the bar size to get the cleanest look. Also, more light is better, right?
  5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

How much were the mirrors if you don't mind me asking? I plan on getting a set like that as well.
  6. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

Think it looks great. nice way to make it your own.
  7. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Absolutely! I will definitely have to go take that measurement...the thing that makes me wonder about the E series is that after doing a TON of research...I have only seen the E series on 2011+ HD's...they have a much larger opening than I do. Here is the image directly from NCT:

[​IMG]

It wont matter when I figure out how large my opening is after I take the measurements...if the E series will fit, I will get that...but if it doesn't I obviously wont have a choice. I know that aloxdaddy99 got the E series from NCT - and after some trouble with the installation and when he contacted NCT they said that there was a mistake on the website it says it works on the 1500's...but the kit was specifically designed for the HD's. Supposedly they are working on a custom mount for the 1/2 tons..I will be interested to see what they come up with. If hypothetically the E series will not fit, do you think it is worth the money for the SR series? 6400 lumens should still be pretty bright so I think I answered my own question. How are you liking your lights Surreal? You got the SR series if I'm not mistaken?

I payed about 300 for the mirrors from the parts department at the dealership - they gave me a deal. Because it a "Genuine GM Accessory"...its marked up a ton. I'm unsure about the "base price"...my guess would be anywhere between $350-$400.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Ugh, I've been helping someone move (and moving, myself) and hadn't heard from [MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION] that he had mount problems. Frankly, if the E-series bar fits then it's easy enough to fab a pair of mounts. (I did my own... and I have next to no metalworking skills -- just a lot of initiative, patience, a vise, and a grinder!)

6400 lumens is, indeed, plenty bright. If the E-series won't fit then the SR's are the logical alternative.

As for my installation, I love my bars. I have the SR10DW's (alt ID 91061) in white. These are the driving lights at 1.5" tall x 10" wide. Each of these bars produces 5100 lumens and draws only 3.7 amps. (I use a 10amp fuse for the pair in my relay box.) It's like daylight in front of me with lows, fogs, and highs on (due to the diode mod) in conjunction with both bars.

Maybe [MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION] will be kind enough to take a high quality pic of the front-end of my truck all lit up, sometime. The ones I've taken with my android phone look terrible, so I've not posted them.
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

It may have to be a few weeks.... but let me know when.
  10. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Well, after some measurements today...it looks like it is going to be the SR series - the opening is only 2".