1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I wanna lift my 2010 chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bennett, Jan 9, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Bennett

Bennett New Member

I want 2.5-4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. Anyone have any clue what the pricing and what lift and tires would be best? I'm new to this so I don't know much and I don't want to rush into anything without research!

2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

It really depends on what your plans are. I've got a 2.5" leveling kit with 1.5" body lift. I only really did the body lift because the tires still rubbed. You get a lower price on tires with a standard tire size like 285/70R17 instead of 33x12.5x17. They make all the same model tires in both sizes. I've been looking at a solid 4-5" lift and remove the body kit but I still have to measure to make sure it will fit in the garage. Also keep in mind other brands of tires. Also don't get into the brand name competition for tires. There are tons of good tires that don't carry the Nitto or Mickey Thompson names what make them way more expensive.

[​IMG]

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You really need to know what wheels you want to run first. If stock wheels or wheels with stock like offset you will be able to go with a lower height lift. If you are wanting the wider stance on 33's you will need more than 4" of lift.

Here is 295/70r17 with 2.25 level and 2" rear block.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is 305/55r20 with 4" Ranchom + 1" level and I rub after doing trimming on plastic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]