I want to know you opinion

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 1994 suburban, Apr 11, 2009.

1. 1994 suburban

1994 suburban New Member

I want to know your opinion on what else i should do to my truck?

MY TRUCK: 1994 K2500 Chevy Suburban 4X4, Full 2.5" Built Exhaust,

Shorty Headers, New Built 383 stroker motor with a mild cam, Power Pulleys, Summit Performance

Muffler, tranny with a 25 or 32 convertor, K&N Air Intake, Dual Electric Fans, 34" 4 Core Radiator,

Trans Cooler, Cross Drilled Front Rotors, Steelbraided Brake lines front and rear, Whole new

Suspension(Bilstein shocks front and rear), Polyurethane Bushings all around, Black Tinted Windows,

2000 watt Stereo System and Subbox, (Soon new rims and tires)

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's just my opinion, but I've always been less impressed by all the engine mods. Why? Because, no matter how much power your engine makes, if all that power goes to the wheels without traction, you're still stuck. Especially with a K2500, where you can get something for the front, I'd put some money into the diffs, so you can put power to all four wheels. Then a winch to make sure you can pull yourself out when you do get stuck.

Of course, if your truck never leaves the pavement, it's probably not that important to you.

3. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

6 inch lift kit and 35inch tires, 456 gears

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

lift it would be my plan

5. 1994 suburban

1994 suburban New Member

What diff do u suggest and what gearing?

I'M NOT INTO LIFTING MY TRUCK MAYBE THINKING ABOUT DROPING IT FOR BETTER CORNING
    AND I HAVE A SON IN A WHEELCHAIR

My truck is mostly on pavement and some dirt& gravel roads

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  6. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Under those conditions, it's probably not worth the expense of aftermarket diffs.

Did you get the G80 rear from the factory? That's probably good enough if that's what you have. What gear ratio currently installed?

If you are running stock size tires, then stock gears are probably ok, unless you got stuck with 3.08 or 3.27's. Unless the engine modifications have cut your low end torque to where you need a lower gear ratio to get the engine to rev higher.