1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I want to start a truck club

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by KennithT, Aug 25, 2007.

1. KennithT

KennithT New Member

I would like to start a truck club in my area.. can someone point me in the right direction as to what i need to do to get this thing started. I have a 2007 chevy tahoe.. black. I have some work to do on it but its worth the while. if someone got some documents can you send them to kthurman@cg56.navy.mil thanks in advance for all the help you guys are giving. i got a good feeling about this project.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:GMTC is your truck club. If you want to organize a local club, then it just depends on how formal you want to be. You can organize as a non profit and go through all that, or fly under the radar with a more casual group of people that share a common interest. Get some biz cards or flyers and leave them on prospective trucks and wait for the response. Once things are going you can get t-shirts, decals and have regular meetings. There are several car clubs in my area that meet at a restaurant the same time each month. A little eat, meet, and greet to show of your vehicles.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Ken, Welcome. Where exactly are you? Myself I've never had much luck with them. Bunch of blubbering babies. Maybe you'll have better luck.
  4. KennithT

KennithT New Member

do any one

do any one have any paperwork as to how to start a truck club the legit way in which i can get good sponsors,,, or how to get sponsors period. I want my club to be know eastcoast wide within a 5 year span...
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sponsorship is a two way street. Sponsors expect a return on their $$ investment. I worked at a small auto parts chain that sponsored drag cars, SCCA cars and organized car shows. The owners supplied parts at cost and paid to put their name on the quarter panel. Win on Sunday sell parts on Monday. If you didn't win, the owner went looking for the ones that did.

Consider starting a local chapter of a regional or national car club. A national club has already done the footwork and can help you organize a local chapter. Check out Chevrolet Avalanche Fan Club as an example of how a club is organized. Good luck!
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

To start, feel free to try to get a local orginzation formed by using one of the regional forums on this site. That should help you get some people together in your area.