1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I want white bowties!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 08_rado_rocker, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

I searched through these threads on here and haven't seen anything about it.

I don't have the time, talent, OR patience to paint mine. So anybody know where i can buy one? I want to keep the trim on it, Also want one for the tailgate and keep the trim.. I need some help folks.

Thanks for anyone who gives me some sites i can purchase them from.

:sign0021:
  2. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member 1000 Posts

Why don't you just take your stocks and get them powdercoated. It will hold up better than paint anyway.
  3. 08_rado_rocker

I'm home like 4 days a month. I think you mistook what i said when i said "i dont have the time to paint them" lmfao. :rofl:

That would include me not having the time to remove them, take them to get them powdercoated, and then re-install them.

I need something that can be in the mailbox when I get home from the field and can just throw them on and be satisfied
  4. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member 1000 Posts

I understood what you said just fine, but 95% of the crap you buy on ebay or wherever is PAINTED the color ordered. Take yours off, drop off at powdercoater, they will do the work while you are out of town, pick up when you return , reinstall.

They lasted about 6 months on my truck, then the paint started flaking.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. 08_rado_rocker

And drive around lookin goofy without a bowtie while I'm home and then leave Truck Norris in shame w/o a bowtie for a month?? He wouldn't like that too much and I'm known for keeping my truck looking clean and crisp 24/7 around my hometown, last thing I need is for someone to laugh at me for not having it done. For me, that would be like installing my RST spoiler and hood without having them professionally painted first lol. Not trying to be a prick, it's just a matter of the way I handle myself and truck. And I'm not really wanting to buy one off Ebay, I would like one from a legit company that mass produces them.
  6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Here you go Rocker; http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...Cyl_5-dot-3L/EMS261FRP.html?loc=Front Or Rear

Or, here's the main page with multiple lists. White is a bit harder to come across: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&VN=4294965721+4294965422+4294967112+4294965557+4294966706&Nr=AND%28universal%3A0%29&use_warranty_code_parent=AutoTrust&Ntk=Main&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=bowtie+emblem&D=bowtie+emblem&Dx=mode+matchall&Npp=50

They're out there though. I knew I'd seem some somewhere. Check autoanything and stylintrucks.com as well. Check autoanything and remember, they're a site vendor and offer us a 15% discount now.
  7. 08_rado_rocker

Nice.. thanks Jeremy! They're hard as hell to find for some reason!
  8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Yeah, they are. I only happened to stumble across them one day, but couldn't remember where. Fortunately, I was able to find them again as I've been adding a whole crap load of stuff to my favorites so I can get back to them when I'm ready to buy and I had these marked in case I want to order the powdercoated ones rather than paint them myself.
  9. 08_rado_rocker

I actually didn't see any white ones on the site you posted on here.. lots of billet ones, but no white. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just buy a decal to stick over it and call it done. It's kinda half-ass.. but its quick and effective lol.
  10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Yeah, I saw some that looked white, but the desciption just said polished. I figured I'd post it and let you comb through. I still think I saw some white ones somewhere... I have a couple more ideas. I shall hopefully return with addtional info.