I want white bowties!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 08_rado_rocker, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

Just buy a billet bowtie and drop it off before you leave to get powdercoated then when you get back pick it up and install it.

2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

I looked every where for the white ones man and yah you would just have to get one painted or coated that color, on mine right now i have vinyl white stickers i got off of amazon on front and back and they are temporary but havnt had any issues with them for the last 1.5months, and they look pretty good. I have some pictures in my albums.

3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You can remove, paint the emblem with two coats, and reinstall in good weather in less than 3 hours. Pretty sure your truck without an emblem for 3 hours isn't going to get you laughed at, and even so who cares what other people thing?

4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

X2 on what he said thats all it to me to do and that was making sure i taped ofver the black and chrome outlines os the emblem.

5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

What Jimmeh said. I have basically no experience with painting and I was able to do both my front and back bowties in about 3 - 4 hours. They look good. And it was cheap and easy.

Give it a try, if you mess them up you can always buy some and have them powdercoated or painted at a shop.

6. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hmm.. my buddy is pretty good at this kinda stuff and i haven't seen him in a while, maybe i can get him to help me out. Pop em off at this shop, scuff em with a fine paper, get an OE match duplicolor and some clear coat and have at it? That would give me a chance to put my new banner on as well i suppose and some much needed down time. Thanks for the input guys. Didn't really wanna go that route, but see as how there's probably no other option besides a vinyl, I guess on my next days off I'll just give it a whirl haha. :great: I'll post an update on how it turns out!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Thanks bro.. I'm still debating on that bed cover FYI haha.. i definitely need one, but dont want to lose my RST wing option. Someone on here just put a BAKflip on theirs. Wouldn't mind that... but want a white one haha. And PS.. i want ur grille LOL

7. Montgomeryjl

Montgomeryjl New Member

Did you clear coat them after they were painted?

8. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Get white plasti-dip. really not going to take a whole lot of time to paint.