1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I want white bowties!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 08_rado_rocker, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

Just buy a billet bowtie and drop it off before you leave to get powdercoated then when you get back pick it up and install it.
  2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

I looked every where for the white ones man and yah you would just have to get one painted or coated that color, on mine right now i have vinyl white stickers i got off of amazon on front and back and they are temporary but havnt had any issues with them for the last 1.5months, and they look pretty good. I have some pictures in my albums.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You can remove, paint the emblem with two coats, and reinstall in good weather in less than 3 hours. Pretty sure your truck without an emblem for 3 hours isn't going to get you laughed at, and even so who cares what other people thing?
  4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

X2 on what he said thats all it to me to do and that was making sure i taped ofver the black and chrome outlines os the emblem.
  5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

What Jimmeh said. I have basically no experience with painting and I was able to do both my front and back bowties in about 3 - 4 hours. They look good. And it was cheap and easy.

Give it a try, if you mess them up you can always buy some and have them powdercoated or painted at a shop.
  6. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hmm.. my buddy is pretty good at this kinda stuff and i haven't seen him in a while, maybe i can get him to help me out. Pop em off at this shop, scuff em with a fine paper, get an OE match duplicolor and some clear coat and have at it? That would give me a chance to put my new banner on as well i suppose and some much needed down time. Thanks for the input guys. Didn't really wanna go that route, but see as how there's probably no other option besides a vinyl, I guess on my next days off I'll just give it a whirl haha. :great: I'll post an update on how it turns out!

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Thanks bro.. I'm still debating on that bed cover FYI haha.. i definitely need one, but dont want to lose my RST wing option. Someone on here just put a BAKflip on theirs. Wouldn't mind that... but want a white one haha. And PS.. i want ur grille LOL
  7. Montgomeryjl

Montgomeryjl New Member

Did you clear coat them after they were painted?
  8. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Get white plasti-dip. really not going to take a whole lot of time to paint.