1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I went fishing today...

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, May 12, 2011.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I will first start this by saying I didn't catch squat.

So after putting my headache rack and my tool box back on (painted the rack), I decided to head on down to my favorite lake and try kayak fishing. When I got there, the boat launch was a total mess, as somebody had gotten stuck there a few days ago, and it was just a rutted, muddy mess. Needless to say, I had to pack the kayak down from the parking area. With my kayak on my shoulder, and my other free hand holding my fishing pole, I started through the mess, and ended up slipping and going down. Needless to say, what came afterwards was what looked to be a serious case of what my buddy affectionately called "Mud Butt":

[​IMG]

And, since I only stayed for a short while after that, I decided to grab some pics of the truck before I came home to change and work on my garage. Here they are for ya:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is a picture of just the headache rack. Two coats of Rust-Oleum's truck bed coating, FYI:

[​IMG]
  2. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

So I'm loving that spot where you intended on fishing! Nice truck pics btw!

Picture tip: From what I can tell you're trying to go for the 4x4 look with your truck (looks great!) but try to get a lower stance when taking pics to put emphasis on the height of the truck. Beautiful truck regardless though!
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice spot for fishing. The truck is looking good too. Mud butt is better than mud face. :)
  4. Jimmeh

Believe it or not, but I was on one knee in the first picture of the truck, and the second picture I backed up a ways on a hill. It's the way the truck is parked.

And it is a Four wheel drive, lol. No need to go with the look when you got it ;)
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I still have yet to figure out what makes your truck look so good!!
  6. Jimmeh

I think it's just the fact that it's probably the best body style GM ever thought of. I just love every body line, curve and corner of these trucks.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Your truck really does look great in that beautiful background...I hope you were able to keep that mud off your seats.
  8. Jimmeh

Yeah, I ended up using a rain jacket I had in my tool box and sat on it, plus I have washable seat covers. I literally just vacuumed out the truck right before I went fishing too, lol.
  9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think the color matched grille and mirrors really make the truck look clean. The headache rack looks good as well :glasses:
  10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It looks like you got the worst of it....I can't wait to get out in some woods/mountains. We just received several more inches of snow in the mountains here, so it appears I'll have a few more weeks to wait before the good trails open up.

btw...one of the things that I notice and really like about your truck is the front bowtie and how it matches with the other black and really stands out from the chrome and white. I agree with Nathan, and that there's something about your truck that makes it look different in a great way.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011