1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I wish gas stations around here made this mistake...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Guest, May 11, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow! That brings up all sort of ethical issues, etc.

On one hand, it's a fair chunk of change for a business to lose. However, every state has truth in advertising laws. A business can be fined if they start posting the wrong price on a sign and then charging something else.

On the other hand is the fact that people and businesses can and do make mistakes from time to time (not me though :D ). It's not the gas station owner's fault that one of his employees screwed up.

THEN, the owner of this gas station is a marketing MORON! He has people all across the country talking about HIS gas station. Make a marketing pitch out of it. Go on the local news (maybe it will be picked up nationally) and play it off as a cost of doing business. Then promote your gas station and say that maybe you'll do another "free gas" giveaway from time to time as a thank you for all of the great customers that you've had over the years. Make a HUGE positive out of it. He would probably make 10X what he lost.
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It was on my local news here in Maine a few days ago.

I don’t know who it is that sets the pumps prices but in that they are all done inside on the computer I bet someone is getting canned.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, probably. Job opening!