1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I Won Arbitration Against Farmers Insurance!

Discussion in 'Car Insurance Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just wanted to make certain that everyone knew that! Today is exactly ONE YEAR to the day that I was in the accident. I was notified in the mail that my insurance won the arbitration battle with Farmers Insurance. I was declared ZERO percent at fault and the other driver was ONE HUNDRED percent at fault.

They sent me back my $500 deductible and opened the door for me to collect on all sorts of damages like out-of-pocket stuff, extra paid for rental car that was over my allotted amount, and dimished value to boot!

Now, I'm not taking joy in the accident. The poor other woman pulled in front of me, got her car hit and suffered a broken breastbone. I hope she's ok and wish her all the best.

Farmers from the start tried trapping me in arguments, trying to get me to agree with things that I never said, tried twisting facts, claimed that they found "secret witnesses" at the scene of the accident 12 hours later, and did a whole bunch of underhanded tricks to try to keep from paying. They said I was 40% responsible for the accident, even though all the witnesses at the scene and even the other driver admitted guilt to the police. The police gave her a ticket for pulling out in front of me.

So, you can read the whole saga here. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8911

I hope this is a lesson to you. Why do business with companies that are that unethical? Why? Why? Why? I'm normally very PC on this board, but not on this topic.

www.farmersinsurancesucks.com

2. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Insurance company's are in the business of making money not spending it.

3. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

great to hear. don't bend over and take it from the man. persistence pays off boys and girls:party:

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is true, but it was so open and shut that it was clear I was not at fault. If I was even remotely at fault at any percentage I wouldn't have been so upset.

5. 01TAHOE24

01TAHOE24 New Member

U would be very suprised what the insurance companys will do.. My Wife works for Farmers Ins and I get to hear all the horror stories every night:grrrrrr: :sleep: I cant believe it took a year to take care of.. Congrats on your arbitration win Steve..

6. ChevyFan

Watch the youtube video! lol

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfnWKxkl3NA[/media]

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good for you Steve!

8. ciosclone

ciosclone Rockstar

What lane were you in and what lane was she in during the accident ? If you were in the left and she was in the right , then it sounds like you failed to yield .

9. 1990Suburban

1990Suburban Member

I had a similar incident with an insurance company - the woman was a bold-faced liar who would tell any lie and make up any story to try to bait me into taking responsibility for a wreck that everyone including the other party and the police knew was not my fault. She even came to my house and called us insurance scammers becuase my wife had been in a similar wreck a year before in which she recovered losses. I sent a certified letter to the entire Board of Directors of the company (AAA Auto Club of Calif.) and documented her lies and misconduct and the case was given to someone else who speedily settled with me. In fact, I balked at their first offer (which didn't even cover my existing medical bills) and she called me and said "Okay, what would you consider fair." I told her and about 72 hrs later I had a check in hand!

I'm glad you won. Insurance companies are scum of the earth...

10. ChevyFan

Read this. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8911

Watch the video listed above.

I was driving north, she was driving south and turned left (east) in front of me and I T-boned her.