1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I Won Arbitration Against Farmers Insurance!

Discussion in 'Car Insurance Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2008.

1. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congrats My former girlfriend was hit by a driver going the wrong way on a one way street. The police report confirmed the other driver was was at fault. Farmers trued to sue my ex for the accident. Wish I could tell you the rest but I met someone else before it was finalized.
    Watch out for Farmers!
  2. ciosclone

ciosclone Rockstar

Ahh, ok .Sorry , I didn't pay attention to who was where . Congrats on the win . Since this was settled using arbitration, does that mean that you cant sue the other driver?
  3. Gator Dave

Gator Dave New Member

I'm really happy for you Steve. Persistence DOES pay off.

I hope the same positive results with my case against GM, so far it looks bad.
  4. tcope

tcope New Member

It was settled via "inter-company" arbitration. It was not through the court system. It's not binding on Steve (for the same reason Farmers is not bound by it to anyone else.
  5. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats Steve :great:
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

glad to hear it steve!! now all that BS is done with
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I was trying to close this out and Steve K. the new claims adjuster said that they still consider me 40% at fault! WHAT? I won arbitration and they paid my vehicle repair and now they are just trying to drag their heels. Hard to believe, but it's true.
  8. tcope

tcope New Member

Yeah, I kind of figured that Farmers would do that (see a few posts back from me). I'd hope that they'd just call it quits and apply the arb decision to your claims as well but it appears they won't. I'm not sure what to tell you about this.
  9. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, i like how everyone singles out farmers, because you had an incident with them, if everyone complained about their accident with a city slicker, this topic would be pretty full. Yes, i'm glad your done with, but this isn't something you can "generalize" all farmers to do. Not all farmers are like this. I'm just saying, it's not that polite to be saying some of the things that have been said.
    For example.

Cheers
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's not over, that's the problem andI may have to file a lawsuit against them to close this out. Playing games, very sad.

I'm almost at the point where I'm going to say that ALL branches owned by farmers insurance are like this. North Dakota hit Farmers with a $750,000 fine and California hit them with a $1 mil fine and Washington State threatened to take away their license to do business. That's a pretty big swath of the whole country.