1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I'd like to replace my 2nd row bench seating with cap chairs

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Brently, Aug 22, 2005.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Brently

Brently New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new but I'm experienced with forums. I did a search for my subject and found no results (didn't want to upset the forum).

Anyway, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the 2nd row bench seating with some Captain's Chairs? We have a newborn and my wife is sitting back there now complaining it's so uncomfortable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know Yukon Denali's come with captain chair configurations. However, I'm not sure if the 2001 Tahoe LT w/o 3rd row would accommodate.

Thanks,
    Brently

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's possible, but I've never seen it done in a Tahoe. A machine shop could help you get mounting brackets made for it, or maybe there are some bolt-ons. I'm just not sure.

3. Brently

Brently New Member

Steve, thanks for making me feel loved by responding. I think I'll start with junk yards and pull the brackets, if any, and seats.

4. taylorbrynn

taylorbrynn New Member

2001 tahoe 2nd row cap chairs

We have the captains chairs for the 2nd row seating in our 2001 Tahoe. We also had 2 babies under one when we purchased the Tahoe and it was wonderful being able to go back and forth.
    We are now wanting to put the 2nd row bench in and take out the Cap chairs. Do you know where we can do that? The dealership told us we would have to find a specialty shop.
    Any info?

TB

5. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Was that an option from the dealer? Or was that done aftermarket? Any ideas?

It shouldn't be very difficult to return it to stock, as I have really never seen a Tahoe with captain chairs in the 2nd row. So, I would think that just about anyone that deals with body work, interiors, etc would be able to do it.

6. tahoelegend

tahoelegend Member

speaking of seats.. I kind of want to take my cloth seats out and place some leather in mines... gray of course.. its a 2 door it shouldn't be to hard just got to find the seats for the right price.

7. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Just curious if anyone has replaced their seats and/or put in a 3rd row for their Tahoe????

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Lot of people are looking for the Tahoe 3rd row seat. Not many are looking for captain's chairs in the 2nd row.

9. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I think that it must have been done afterwards by a conversion company. I can't find anything on captains chairs for the 2nd row.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

You can swicth the bench and buckets back and fourth and everything will bolt up both ways the only thing is when you go from bench to buckets there will be a hole in the carpet which will be visable, although a floor mat would take care of that.