I'd need a Plasma Cutter for this...Roofless Colorado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by killbucket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. killbucket

killbucket Rockstar 100 Posts

MANY moons ago, I used a Ratical conversion kit to make a Mitsu Mini into a roadster.
    Wifey's been a pill lately*, so I thought I'd torture her a bit with talk of hacking my pretty truck up....
    Quickie PShoppey:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has anybody done this yet? Yes, it's a stretch cab, and would be an engineering feat to complete.

*Not really, I had a GREAT Xmas!!!

2. killbucket

[​IMG]
    This is one of the worst ideas I ever had...the more I look at it, the more I don't like it...I would not want to be stared at pulling up in that. Maybe it's the paint, I blame it on that.

Darryl Starbird beat me to all the outlandish GOOD stuff.

Just buy a T-Bucket, Bucket.

3. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

it looks good, try to turn the cut off roof into a removable hardtop and i would do it, if you do that i would get a bed cover, and the truck is beautiful dropped with the red wheels by the way...

4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Nothing a hack saw can't do .LOL :lol:

5. killbucket

[​IMG]
    Paint it gloss black, put in a camel-tan LEATHER interior, and a zillion Smiths gauges, and THEN I'd be seen rolling it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  6. ThatSilverStepside

give me an axe, duct tape, 3 and a half chiclets...and a Dr. Pepper can full of antifreeze, and ill get it done.. no plasma needed :glasses:

7. killbucket

Sir!

-I always need WD-40, too. I'll learn!

8. ThatSilverStepside

i only have one question, WHERE ARE THE WHITEWALLS??

9. killbucket

Don't laff...whitewalls are about to be a BIG THING...mark me werds.

10. killbucket

Side Notes fer a moment...I got a PM asking if I indeed had my own CNC.

Even though this inquirer was lucky enough to have access to a shop CNC, I could smell some spring project ideas coming on. And it got me to thinking, maybe I can save a few PM's/day...

Sorry, but I don't farm out my tinkering time any more. Life is just too short.
    BUT- I DO enjoy helping with truly original projects! Show me a plan set for a gun seen ONCE on ONE episode of one of my favorite series, and I'll have to see it through, possibly without you.

-On tools...

[​IMG]
    With a ShopBot and imagination, I could do it.

[​IMG]
    With a Scroll Saw and determination, ANYBODY could do it. I made over 350 big airsoft guns, and only had one of these to work with for over a year. $99 went a lonnng way here.

[​IMG]
    Somewhere in the middle is the 9" Band saw...count fingers.

[​IMG]
    Not to forget, the "metal cutting" (HA!) band saw...count teeth left on blade.

[​IMG]
    She told me I'd "never use" this 9" x 20" lathe. It gets run nearly every day, if I'm home.

[​IMG]
    Getting the idea I like Harbor Freight? Another knuckle-hater, beware.

[​IMG]
    All-important high vacuum source/shop vac. It really sucks, and will pick up my other vacuum cleaners easily.

[​IMG]
    Roll all that together with forty thousand Band-aids, and you can make rows of similar objects. I USED to...and no longer.
    If you like one of the oddball projects you've seen me making, copycatting is the only way.