1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'd need a Plasma Cutter for this...Roofless Colorado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by killbucket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. killbucket

killbucket Member

MANY moons ago, I used a Ratical conversion kit to make a Mitsu Mini into a roadster.
    Wifey's been a pill lately*, so I thought I'd torture her a bit with talk of hacking my pretty truck up....
    Quickie PShoppey:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Has anybody done this yet? Yes, it's a stretch cab, and would be an engineering feat to complete.

*Not really, I had a GREAT Xmas!!!
  2. killbucket

killbucket Member

[​IMG]
    This is one of the worst ideas I ever had...the more I look at it, the more I don't like it...I would not want to be stared at pulling up in that. Maybe it's the paint, I blame it on that.

Darryl Starbird beat me to all the outlandish GOOD stuff.

Just buy a T-Bucket, Bucket.
  3. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

it looks good, try to turn the cut off roof into a removable hardtop and i would do it, if you do that i would get a bed cover, and the truck is beautiful dropped with the red wheels by the way...
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

Nothing a hack saw can't do .LOL :lol:
  5. killbucket

killbucket Member

[​IMG]
    Paint it gloss black, put in a camel-tan LEATHER interior, and a zillion Smiths gauges, and THEN I'd be seen rolling it.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  6. ThatSilverStepside

give me an axe, duct tape, 3 and a half chiclets...and a Dr. Pepper can full of antifreeze, and ill get it done.. no plasma needed :glasses:
  7. killbucket

killbucket Member

Sir!

-I always need WD-40, too. I'll learn!
  8. ThatSilverStepside

i only have one question, WHERE ARE THE WHITEWALLS??
  9. killbucket

killbucket Member

Don't laff...whitewalls are about to be a BIG THING...mark me werds.
  10. killbucket

killbucket Member

Side Notes fer a moment...I got a PM asking if I indeed had my own CNC.

Even though this inquirer was lucky enough to have access to a shop CNC, I could smell some spring project ideas coming on. And it got me to thinking, maybe I can save a few PM's/day...

Sorry, but I don't farm out my tinkering time any more. Life is just too short.
    BUT- I DO enjoy helping with truly original projects! Show me a plan set for a gun seen ONCE on ONE episode of one of my favorite series, and I'll have to see it through, possibly without you.

-On tools...

[​IMG]
    With a ShopBot and imagination, I could do it.

[​IMG]
    With a Scroll Saw and determination, ANYBODY could do it. I made over 350 big airsoft guns, and only had one of these to work with for over a year. $99 went a lonnng way here.

[​IMG]
    Somewhere in the middle is the 9" Band saw...count fingers.

[​IMG]
    Not to forget, the "metal cutting" (HA!) band saw...count teeth left on blade.

[​IMG]
    She told me I'd "never use" this 9" x 20" lathe. It gets run nearly every day, if I'm home.

[​IMG]
    Getting the idea I like Harbor Freight? Another knuckle-hater, beware.

[​IMG]
    All-important high vacuum source/shop vac. It really sucks, and will pick up my other vacuum cleaners easily.

[​IMG]
    Roll all that together with forty thousand Band-aids, and you can make rows of similar objects. I USED to...and no longer.
    If you like one of the oddball projects you've seen me making, copycatting is the only way.