Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ideas on good sounding headers?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 95chevyguy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

I somehow cracked the right manifold on my 95 chevy K1500 with a 5.7 and now i am just going to go ahead and put headers on it anyone got some suggestions on some that are fairly cheap but good headers overall?

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

Thanks on the heads up about JCW i found a good set of shortys i do got one more question have you or anyone one else heard anything about thrush mufflers a friend of mine said that they sound good but i have not heard of them before.

4. Cableguy

Oh ya thrush is old school. I'm sure Unplugged and Gary, remember those days...

This bring back some memories fellas...
    [​IMG]

5. Cableguy

IMO I like the modern style of Flowmaster series. I think they have a cleaner sound and stand up better than ole glass packs.

6. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hey, was that a statement about me just turning 40? :) I always loved the woodpecker, put was never a fan of glasspacks. Thrush offers a wide range of mufflers now. Follow the link and they have some sound bites on the site.

http://www.thrushexhaust.com/

7. Cableguy

:rofl:

The woodpecker emblem itself bring back memories...Being on the side of an old Nova or Chev

8. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

If i went with flowmaster mufflers would 50 series be the best ones or would another series work better?

9. BlackBetty350

BlackBetty350 New Member

I have Flowtech shorty headers with dynomax ultraflo mufflers. no cats. 3inch headers to 2.5 inch exhaust dual. sounds good