Ideas on good sounding headers?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 95chevyguy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

I somehow cracked the right manifold on my 95 chevy K1500 with a 5.7 and now i am just going to go ahead and put headers on it anyone got some suggestions on some that are fairly cheap but good headers overall?

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

Thanks on the heads up about JCW i found a good set of shortys i do got one more question have you or anyone one else heard anything about thrush mufflers a friend of mine said that they sound good but i have not heard of them before.

4. Cableguy

Oh ya thrush is old school. I'm sure Unplugged and Gary, remember those days...

This bring back some memories fellas...
    [​IMG]

5. Cableguy

IMO I like the modern style of Flowmaster series. I think they have a cleaner sound and stand up better than ole glass packs.

6. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hey, was that a statement about me just turning 40? :) I always loved the woodpecker, put was never a fan of glasspacks. Thrush offers a wide range of mufflers now. Follow the link and they have some sound bites on the site.

http://www.thrushexhaust.com/

7. Cableguy

:rofl:

The woodpecker emblem itself bring back memories...Being on the side of an old Nova or Chev

8. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

If i went with flowmaster mufflers would 50 series be the best ones or would another series work better?

9. BlackBetty350

BlackBetty350 New Member

I have Flowtech shorty headers with dynomax ultraflo mufflers. no cats. 3inch headers to 2.5 inch exhaust dual. sounds good