1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Identify grab bar

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Gmc4me, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Gmc4me

Gmc4me New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new here and sorry to invade your space. But I really need help identifying the make of a vehicle by a picture I received. It looks to be a Chevy to me but I can't be sure. Has anyone seen a grab bar that curves and juts upward as in the picture. Thank you all for your help. I'm just a girl roughing it on my own and want to find out who sent me this picture. Any advice is welcome image.jpg
  2. zuki82

zuki82 Member 100 Posts

Nuttin I recognize !
  3. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

Maybe somebody whacked their head off it and bent it upwards........

Maybe a Cavalier or Sunbird, something like that
  4. Gmc4me

Gmc4me New Member

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking the Blazer or maybe Tahoe had a grab bar like this no? Can't seem to pinpoint it. But I'd think it is a Chevy or GMC SUV. Could be wrong though
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A tahoe or any fullsize GM grab bar is even with the top of the dash not bowing up like that. The S- series trucks, s10, blazer... have more of an angle and do rise a little over the dash, but not nearly as much as that one.
    here is one on a S-10 0811mt_04_z+2001_chevy_s10+custom_interior.jpg

Here is a fullsize truck like a tahoe, silverado, yukon.
    2005_chevrolet_silverado_1500_z71_ext_cab_4wd-pic-1161809212175719556.jpg
  6. Gmc4me

Gmc4me New Member

Thank you Pikey. So now I'm wondering if I'm even in the right make of car. So you don't think this is a Chevy? I've searched bowed, arched, upward, etc dash grab handles and can't seem to place this one. If I'm in the wrong ballpark let me know. I certainly don't want to waste your time. Many thanks
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The squareness of the windshield looks to me to be a truck, van, Suv. Not one that I have been in or have seen. If you figure it out please let us know.
  8. Gmc4me

Gmc4me New Member

Will do Pikey. Thanks for your help.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I spent some time Googling it and couldn't find anything like it. The pick is just too poor quality. The only think I could determine was that only GM trucks (Silverados, Blazers, Astros, Savanas) have passenger dash grab bars. Fords and Dodges do not. I do think it is a GM truck but too hard to tell beyond that. It is either a custom after-market bar or it just severely bent out of shape.
  10. Gmc4me

Gmc4me New Member

Wow thank you so much!