Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Identify this heater core valve - 97 Tahoe

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BlackHawk99, Apr 27, 2009.

1. BlackHawk99

BlackHawk99 Member

Do any of you know what this part is for? It was leaking badly on my 97 Tahoe. It looks like some sort of flow valve. It's in the middle of the heater core hoses. There's one vacuum hose coming off the side that plugs into another diaphram mounted on the firewall.

What would happen if I just elimate this thing? If not, what's it called so I can get a new one? I was hoping it could be a HELP part, but I doubt I'll be so lucky!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You would probably have heat blowing all the time.

You could disconect the heater hose from the core and to each other that would bypass the core till you go the valve, since its summer you probably wont need any heat or defrost.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

4. BlackHawk99

BlackHawk99 Member

So funny...I found it on AZ's website shortly after I started this thread. I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to go pick it up.

All the pics I have of the 78 are older (like three or four years ago), but I"ll start a new thread in the off-topic forum!!