Identify this heater core valve - 97 Tahoe

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BlackHawk99, Apr 27, 2009.

Newest Photos

  1. BlackHawk99

    BlackHawk99 New Member

    Do any of you know what this part is for? It was leaking badly on my 97 Tahoe. It looks like some sort of flow valve. It's in the middle of the heater core hoses. There's one vacuum hose coming off the side that plugs into another diaphram mounted on the firewall.

    What would happen if I just elimate this thing? If not, what's it called so I can get a new one? I was hoping it could be a HELP part, but I doubt I'll be so lucky!


  2. Dr_Zero

    Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

    You would probably have heat blowing all the time.

    You could disconect the heater hose from the core and to each other that would bypass the core till you go the valve, since its summer you probably wont need any heat or defrost.
  3. GaryL

    GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

  4. BlackHawk99

    BlackHawk99 New Member

    So funny...I found it on AZ's website shortly after I started this thread. I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to go pick it up.

    All the pics I have of the 78 are older (like three or four years ago), but I"ll start a new thread in the off-topic forum!!

Share This Page