1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Idiot Virginia (Beach) drivers!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Sierraowner5.3, May 4, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wifey called me on her way to work this morning, saying someone rear ended her, but that it wasnt bad.:no:

its really isnt that bad, broke my hitch receptical cover ($20) cracked the plastic bumper cover a bit, and creased the metal bumper itself in the middle of the left half of the bumper.

not much to speak of, its just the hassel of it all, because some kid wasnt paying enough attention.

i did look at the underside of the truck, i cant see anything obvious, but im not a body guy, so who knows.

call insurance on monday..... :grrrrrr:

Alex
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can sympathize with ya on that, back when we were in Virginia Bch I was hit twice at the intersection of Va. Bch blvd and Little Neck rd a week a part in my Tacoma, the first time I was rear ended, the truck was less than a week old.
    The second time a week later a Ford truck pulled a left turn when I had the right a way.
    Two days later my daughter got hit broadside by a red light runner down at the beach at Va. Bch. Blvd and Pacific ave and totaled my wifes 69 Firebird.
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

woah, hope no one was injured....man a 69'...you must ave' been ticked @ the Culprit....
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Luckily the injurys were just bumps and bruises, unfortunately we had to let it go since we had orders to Italy.
    The car had family ties as my wifes favorite uncle was the original first owner so she took the loss a little hard.
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That stinks Alex. I used to get the same thing at the Jersey shore growing up. Lots of guys trying to show off and no-one looking at what's in front of them. I hope the damage isn't too bad. Did you call the local junkyards for a bumper?
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Time to upgrade the bumper than!! Maybe a Road Armor or something of that kind?!?
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ive had serious thoughts about that. not sure what i should do. id like to retain the back up sensors, not for me really, more so my wife, she really likes having them for parking and such.

not sure what id go with tho, or where to look for that matter, time to start googling i guess.

Alex
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Although no back up sensor holes they shouldn't be that hard to drill out.
    [​IMG]
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree -- every time you need to do work it should be looked at as an opportunity to upgrade. It makes it less painful, really ... and can often make you look forward to visits by Murphy. :)
  10. Brad Wissinger

Brad Wissinger New Member

VA is for Lovers...and idiot drivers. That's why in a couple months I'm gettin outta this state, and hope to never come back. If it's not avoiding pot holes (craters) on 64/264/564, it's avoiding ass-hats that can't pay attention...even worse when it rains here. Good to know everyone is OK though. And they're right, time to justify a bumper swap!