1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

If GM went to all models with a diesel option available? would you buy one?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by murdog94, Mar 9, 2011.

?

IF GM Offered a diesel in every model would you buy one?

1. YES, Make it now.

35 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. NO, they are smelly

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Not Sure.

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Alright as the title states if GM were to offer a diesel option in every model that they make would you buy one? Im not just talking about the trucks either, im talking about little 4cyl diesels in the cars, and so on. Basicaly similar to Europe where Diesel is the king for milage. I was shopping a little today for a gas mizer for work, and had someone say i should get a Prius, which has been proven to be more damaging to the Environment to build/drive than a HUMMER!
    Anyhow i have seen that GM offers a diesel model in every size in Europe. and they get 40 plus MPG, and have good power. Think about driving your K1500 with a lift to work and getting 25-30mpg with the same power you have now.
    So this is both a poll, and feel free to comment and discuss as well.

And as a disclaimer, the muscle cars of GM would still be Gas engines etc.. this is more for the normal daily commute type vehicle.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Yes and No. For me, it comes down to the model. No way would buy a Diesel Corvette or Camaro. But a Duramax 1500 would be kinda nice. I personally would not need a 2500 lined truck, but having a Duramax would be sweet.

I'll go with yes though, it would be cool for the most part

3. murdog94

Think about something more like an impala, or malibu, or even a cruz! that was the intent.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I drove a bunch of Diesel model vehicles in Kuwait, and Korea, and yeah they were awsome the parts runner we used in Korea was a Kia van, with a 3cyl 5spd, and it would still do 80mph or more, and drive nice, and for a 1.8L non turbo diesel it went like the dickens.!

4. racekid91

5. murdog94

See that would be ok if you want something tiny.. me i want something the same size as a malibu, if i had the cash i would get a jetta TDI.. Im 6ft2 and small cars arent my thing. But if GM made it i would come. And the thing is the diesel powertrains are already in use in Europe on the same chassis that we are currently driving. So really it would take emmissions testing and your good to go. Think yes you may have to pay $3000 or so more for the same car but saving (for me by example) $200 a month in gas that would pay for itself and start saving me money VERY quickly.

6. racekid91

Jetta TDI's are nice cars, I've worked on a few at work and they move pretty good too. I love driving them when they are 5 speeds. Pretty fun little cars

7. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

The price point would be the kicker for me. There is no way i'm paying an extra ten grand for diesel GMs. If they make them at the same price and option point as the gas models for the same rough price point I would consider it. But if they only put them in the fully optioned models, forget it.

8. murdog94

See that is why i started this since GM only offers the Diesel in the big trucks, and since there isnt as many bought the price is high. I am putting the thought if GM followed the Europe model and offered a Diesel with anything you can get from basic Aveo to a loaded out 3500 1ton. That way the price would come down some, i know it will cost a little to develop and get the correct american emissions however $3000 for a motor that would pay for itself in the first 20K miles isnt a bad deal since after that you are just saving all that money, and you will have a car that lasts two times as long as your current one.

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I voted but I'm keeping my opinion a secret.....:glasses:

10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hands down I would trade the truck in for a small D-Max in a 1500 if it did not cost an arm and leg.